Contribute
Register

GPU Related Kernel Panic - Skylake i7-6700K Sierra 10.12.5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime x299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am having two persistent issues with my otherwise high functioning build, and I was wondering if someone could help me with these things -

1. Network corruption - for whatever reason, when I connect my hack to my network via ethernet, it corrupts the entire network otherwise, i.e., I get internet on the hack and the rest of my network drops off(AirPort Extreme wireless). I have installed the two recommended kexts for my mobo and they work for my network audio interfaces, and my eucon network, but I can't figure out why this is happening (tested without the 2nd ethernet port, although either port works fine with everything, but the rest of my network goes down, ps3, smart TV's, phones, laptops etc).

2. Crashing on export of premiere CC video when using H.264 as the codec. - I have been using HWMonitor and Intel's Power gadget (I've got HWP Enabled for stepping, and it works up to 4.6GHz with XMP 1 memory profile) my cooler is keeping things in check, and I can see the stepping in action. The machine holds up very well under stress, and never panics for any other reason than that specific (memory intensive) video codec export. That led me to believe that the problem was a memory related so I ran Remember, and everything came up clean. I am really at a loss, as everything (including TB 3) works incredibly well otherwise. The only thing I can think of is that RehabMan said that using USBInjectAll.kext for long periods of time "could cause issues" but I don't know what those were, and maybe this is an artifact of that? I could really use some expert help with this!

Symptoms are - Exporting video in H.264, CPU throttles down very quickly, Restart.

I've attached the config.plist, and a crash log.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.8 KB · Views: 208
  • Crash Log - Video Export.crash.txt
    202.9 KB · Views: 255
Oh! I almost forgot - I've seen some things about deleting FakeSMC_GPU.kext - Would that make a difference here?
Thanks so much!!

The only thing I can think of is that RehabMan said that using USBInjectAll.kext for long periods of time "could cause issues" but I don't know what those were, and maybe this is an artifact of that? I could really use some expert help with this!

Nothing wrong with USBInjectAll.kext long term if it is correctly configured such that only up to 15 ports are injected.
If you're using the port limit patch, that's an issue... (port limit patch is not for long term use).

Correct use of USBInjectAll.kext on Skylake/KabyLake (and others) requires custom SSDT to configure it such that you're within the 15 port limit...

Note: Any further analysis of your setup requires complete "Problem Reporting" files.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

RehabMan,
Thank you so much for responding to my post! Attached are the files I should have had the first time(sorry, I'm new to this process). I had a custom SSDT previously, but read in a post (maybe I misunderstood) that I didn't need that if I was doing the HWPEnable function. Thank you again!

Attachments

• PlatformDisphoria.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 57
RehabMan,
Thank you so much for responding to my post! Attached are the files I should have had the first time(sorry, I'm new to this process). I had a custom SSDT previously, but read in a post (maybe I misunderstood) that I didn't need that if I was doing the HWPEnable function. Thank you again!

Your USB configuration is definitely wrong.. (port limit patch in place).
CPU PM SSDT has nothing to do with SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Also, you didn't implement CPU power management either...

RehabMan,
I can't tell you how grateful I am to have your help!
I have disabled the HWPEnable stuff, and replaced it with the attached SSDT.
I've noticed the power consumption is about the same, but the stepping range is far reduced(it never makes it down to 800mhz now - maybe I'm missing something?). I really don't mean to take up a lot of your time, but I'm not sure if you were saying that the bad USB configuration or the CPU power management was to blame for my crashes, and I would really like to understand what is causing this and fix it for good - really need my machine to make a living, and this is the one thing keeping it from being solid enough to depend on.
Beyond that, I've been looking all over for a SSDT for USBInjectAll for my GA-Z170X Designare that was created by an expert, as recommended in your guide- you wouldn't happen to have one of those lying around, would you? Again, thank you, thank you thank you! If it weren't for geniuses like you, people like me wouldn't be able to do any of this!

Attachments

• ssdt.aml
    2.4 KB · Views: 121
I have disabled the HWPEnable stuff, and replaced it with the attached SSDT.
I've noticed the power consumption is about the same, but the stepping range is far reduced(it never makes it down to 800mhz now - maybe I'm missing something?)

I review your ioreg, indeed, CPU power management is not implement correctly, also AGPM not load, no matter what HWP method (clover or X86injector) you choice still need X86PlatformPlugin to load, at least a tiny PM ssdt is necessary to enable X86PlatformPlugin.

In you case, use X86PlatformPluginInjector to enable HWP seems to be the best.
If you prefer to use Clover HWPEnable method, then you may need completely disable XCPM for fully HWP implement.

Attached png is result of X86PlatformPluginInjector HWP enable method.

Attachments

• SMBIOS MBP132 EPP80.png
    SMBIOS MBP132 EPP80.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 130
Shuhung, thank you for the suggestion! Do you know where I can find the X86PlatformPluginInjector and a guide to implement? I am feeling like all of this is getting over my head quickly, and I don't want to break the machine any further!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back