Nvidia GT640
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I built my hackintosh using a Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 an i7-2600k and a graphic card that i already had, an nvidia based 8800GT/512MB.
Everything works, but while using the latest DVDFAB for mac (demo free for 30 days),
I noticed that in the decoder settings it says that OpenCL is not supported by my graphic card. This option is useful to accellerate Bluray transcoding.
I have a real macmini 2011 with the 6630m GPU and openCL is recognized and available as an option to set.

I was thinking to upgrade my GPU to see if DVDFAB open CL would be availale and I was leaning toward an ATI card, 5770 or 6850 for OOB compatibility. I'm not a gamer and prefer silent computing.

Anybody have experience or could try DVDFAB decoding settings and see if OpenCL is available/works on your systems ?

Thanks

stoca

try dvdfab for windows which has intel quick sync enabled.
you should have better results

colemanuk said:
try dvdfab for windows which has intel quick sync enabled.
you should have better results

Thanks, I do have a dual boot system, but I'm increasingly trying to use Mac OSX.
Right now DVDFAB is the last application that I really use a lot that finally has been ported to Mac.
--stoca

Thanks, I do have a dual boot system, but I'm increasingly trying to use Mac OSX.
Right now DVDFAB is the last application that I really use a lot that finally has been ported to Mac.
--stoca

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. But did you manage to find out how to use DVDFab with OpenCL on a Hackintosh?

Hi guys. I have the same questions as the OP. I am running 10.12.6 with a Nvidia 1080 Ti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back