i7-980
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm going to be setting up 6 monitors. For workflow and gaming in Windows. I currently have a Sapphire Vega 64. I was thinking about adding a second one but that seems like too much heat and power consumption.

Any suggestions for a single card to run 6 4k monitors? What's a good deal card setup? Dual RX 590?

I have a 1000 watt PSU.

I am thinking about going with the Aorus RX 580 8GB card. These working good with Mojave? I have seen it on earlier buyer guides. I'm hoping to but two Rx 580 or Rx 590 cards that are plug and play.

I want to run 3 monitors off each card via DP.

I run four monitors off two R9-280X's and have managed to run three monitors off a single 280X card. I ran out of ports as my cards had upto 3 ports I could use, clearly VGA don't work and neither does DVI with Mojave. I suspect you will have similar issues and run out of ports way before you get to six.

I've run dual 280 cards for the last three years and heat has never been an issue, though I run them in a large case with proper cooling. I looked carefully at the fans as I want to keep the hard disks, CPU and GPU's cool. However I didn't do anything radical to keep the heat down.

I have no idea about power consumption but suspect the fileserver and ESXI server next to the Hack consume even more power.

I got a good deal on 2 xfx 580 8 gb cards. Will report back after it's all hooked up. Gonna have six 28" 4k Samsung monitors! It's my dream setup finally coming true.

I got a good deal on 2 xfx 580 8 gb cards. Will report back after it's all hooked up. Gonna have six 28" 4k Samsung monitors! It's my dream setup finally coming true.
XFX cards sometimes have problems on macOS. You might have to flash a vbios using Clover

Best Rx 580 or Rx 590 ? I just popped in my cards and they are not working lol

Won't boot now. Fails right away

Attachments

• IMG_20190606_162908.jpg
    IMG_20190606_162908.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 40
I need one card or two cards. Whatever equals 6 display ports. Also needs to have some power for video editing ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back