Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Im trying to install osx on my pc. But i cant get into the osx installer.
My specs :

-MSI-P67-C43 (B3)
-Corsair 8gb quad kit.
-MSI 6950 2gb.

In my bios i set IDE to AHCI and first boot to DVD.
Then i booted the iboot legacy replaced the cd with the retail SL disk and typed -x .
It loads the installer but after 2 mins my gpu fan runs at 100% and the pc reboots.

I readed on in the sandy bridge tutorial that at has a max of 4gb ram. I tried taking 2 sticks from the mobo but my pc doesn't start this way. I think because its a quad kit ? Is it even possible to use only 2 sticks of a quad kit?

Im stuck now. I would appreciate some help please.

Thanks!

ruFFz said:
Hi,

Im trying to install osx on my pc. But i cant get into the osx installer.
My specs :

-MSI-P67-C43 (B3)
-Corsair 8gb quad kit.
-MSI 6950 2gb.

In my bios i set IDE to AHCI and first boot to DVD.
Then i booted the iboot legacy replaced the cd with the retail SL disk and typed -x .
It loads the installer but after 2 mins my gpu fan runs at 100% and the pc reboots.

I readed on in the sandy bridge tutorial that at has a max of 4gb ram. I tried taking 2 sticks from the mobo but my pc doesn't start this way. I think because its a quad kit ? Is it even possible to use only 2 sticks of a quad kit?

Im stuck now. I would appreciate some help please.

Thanks!

I installed this set-up with 16GB ram loaded, iBoot Legacy and whatnot force 4GB automatically.

Do you get full graphics before the reboot? What was the last screen/thing you saw?

Gordo74 said:
This is simple. Type GraphicsEnabler=No as a boot flag as well.

That was my thought, but then this (can) indicate that graphics have already been loaded, and the installer screen is up...

Hopefully it is that simple, as a reboot during the install is a tad harder to diagnose.

Gordo74 said:
Install BridgeHelper2.0 as well as the ATI package from my guide and you should be set.
I installed both but there is no change with both problems. I just runned the installers .. is there something more i should do ? I stll cant change the resolution.

Hi maybe you can use This to regulate the fan speed

Div said:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15798

read yo
i been reading the topic.. So far no luck . I dont think the 6950 will be supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back