CPU
Intel Core i5 4690k
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce 3X
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Hello people!

I need help!

So I tried to install a hackintosh on my system for a first time. Everything seemed nice until it went to sleep.

I will start from the beginning.

I got a new ssd and thought why not try installing hackintosh in an old one! I check my hardware for compatibility - all good.

My specs:
Asrock z97m pro4 mobo
Intel i5 4690k
Gigabyte gtx970 WF3
Ssd1: Samsung 850 evo 250gb
Ssd2: Kingston v300 120gb
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4tb

Basically, as a start, I had my windows on ssd2, then I created the image of the drive, backed it up on my hdd and restored on ssd1. Then I formated ssd2 for it to be empty to receive macos. Windows worked flawlessly so far.

So I got myself a macos El Capitan (the reason for it is that I have ultrawide monitor and I saw reports of sierra not supporting the resolution). Anyways, I created bootable USB, installation went without hiccups.

when I booted to OS X, I used multibeast to install UEFI bootloader, audio drivers etc. Also installed alternate Nvidia drivers.
Although I was unsuccessful at getting my ALC892.
Then I had to go outside my home and left my computer running on OS X.

When I came back, it was on sleep and I tried to wake it up - nothing.
Then I tried to turn it up with on/off button, no response. Black screen, no output whatsover, cannot even get into bios...

Then I panicked! So I turned off computer, shut down power supplier. Detached ssd2 (OS X) hoping to load to windows.
To be honest, I do not remember the exact steps I took, but I managed to boot to Windows (ssd1). What pissed me off, that in BIOS there was no Windows bootloader, just clover stuff... Then I erased everything on ssd2 (OS X) (after some trying to recognize the driver on Windows...) I already had a feeling something went super wrong.

At some point I realised that the only way I can get boot was when I have hdmi cable connected to the mobo connector and primary display adapter set to onboard.

Somehow I got rid of everything that OS X left in my system (bootloaders and partitions etc). and was running without ssd2.

Still, whenever I tried to boot with ant cable (HDMI or Displayport) attached to GPU, it would fail to boot (no matter which primary display option)...

So the problem is that the card is running (fans spinning), it is being recognized by windows and nvidia and msi afterburner, but if plug anything to it while windows are on, I get VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR Bsod....

So I googled it... And found things that I can try to solve.

Tried reinstalling the driver - no help.
Deleted everything of nvidia and reinstalled - no help.
Remembered I still have OC on my card - removed it - no help.
Deleted Afterburner and reinstalled drivers - nothing.

Then I thought ok, there is still something that clover is has done. Luckily I made a disk image before starting all of this when there was no OS X anywhere. I restored the boot drive in boot environment - no help.

Then I reset mobo bios to defaults - no help.
Flashed mobo bios - no help.
Flashed new GPU bios - no help.
Did a reset of the windows (while keeping my files) - no help.

So the problem - Fresh Mobo BIOS, fresh GPU BIOS, (almost fresh) windows install and the gpu is recognized everywhere and is running, but once I try to plug something in it (or even test it in AIDA64) the system goes to BSOD with VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR.

I don't know what do anymore... I need help. It has been 24h, little sleep and tired eyes now:///

Update:
It is confirmed that that the video card outputs some sort of video signal, because I am now installing fresh Windows 10 when the monitors is connected through the GPU and in bios the prefered adapter is PCIe Express.

Last edited:
Basically I wonder if by installing mac os drivers I managed to brick my gpu... but os x and windows were even on two separate physical drives... I am super confused at this state...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back