i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I created a simple AppleScript app to automate the process of adding your unsupported/uncertified GPU/s to the supported cards lists of older versions of Premiere Pro CS6/CC, After Effects CS6/CC, and Media Encoder CC. This will enable CUDA and OpenCL acceleration on your unsupported/uncertified GPU/s (Graphics Card/s) in these apps. Note: Adobe has added in-software settings or removed restrictions and allow acceleration from unsupported (uncertified) cards in their newer versions of CC and CC 2015 apps. This app will help with CS6 and CC versions that don't contain this feature.

This app only works when the Adobe apps are installed in their default locations in the /Applications folder. The app will detect which apps are installed in the /Applications folder and run the built in Adobe GPUSniffer.app of each installed app. It will then take the name of your GPU detected by the GPUSniffer.app and add it to the "supported_cards.txt" and/or "raytracer_supported_cards.txt". Note: as of this time my testing indicates that no Nvidia Maxwell cards work for RayTracing acceleration in OS X.

If you wish to undo these changes, you'll need to edit out your GPU/s name/s from the txt docs manually in terminal using the nano command:

Premiere Pro CS6:
CUDA:
Code:
sudo nano /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CS6/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CS6.app/Contents/cuda_supported_cards.txt

OpenCL:
Code:
sudo nano /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CS6/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CS6.app/Contents/opencl_supported_cards.txt

Premiere Pro CC:
CUDA:
Code:
sudo nano /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC.app/Contents/cuda_supported_cards.txt

OpenCL:
Code:
sudo nano /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC.app/Contents/opencl_supported_cards.txt

Media Encoder CC:
CUDA:
Code:
sudo nano /Applications/Adobe\ Media\ Encoder\ CC/Adobe\ Media\ Encoder\ CC.app/Contents/cuda_supported_cards.txt

OpenCL:
Code:
sudo nano /Applications/Adobe\ Media\ Encoder\ CC/Adobe\ Media\ Encoder\ CC.app/Contents/opencl_supported_cards.txt

After Effects CS6:
Code:
sudo nano /Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CS6/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CS6.app/Contents/raytracer_supported_cards.txt

After Effects CC:
Code:
sudo nano /Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC.app/Contents/raytracer_supported_cards.txt

Attachments

• Crack Adobe GPU Support.app.zip
    151.5 KB · Views: 1,328
Hey Guys,

Just to add to the forum for getting Cuda to work with your adobe products. As of today I just got mine working and for Premiere it worked out the box.

For after effect you have to add your graphics card to the raytracer_supported_cards.txt in the Resources folder in the show packages of the After Effects app. For some reason they relocated it, because it use to be in the Content folder root, now its in Resources.

Thought I mention this because alot of people saying the txt file doesn't exist but it does just found a new home in Resources.

Hope this helped,

~Gamer~

Thanks. Yes I removed the patching function for that file because Adobe After Effects CC 2015 (the version that has the file in that location) has a option in the settings to enable unsupported cards.
Screen Shot 2016-02-25 at 6.29.18 PM.png

anyone get this working on the NEW Premier Pro CC 2017?

The paths above are invalid.

Just change the paths in the CC script to reflect the 2017 app names. Do you need it though? My 970 is detected without changing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back