Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming
CPU
i5-9600k
Graphics
GTX 1070 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
I've been using high Sierra 10.13.6 with Nvidia 1070Ti successfully. Due to my work I had to upgrade my Mac OS to Mojave 10.14.3(as it supports Xcode 10.2 for Swift 5.0). The problem is for the past couple of weeks I've been trying to get the Intel UHD 630 working but I couldn't. So I now think of getting an AMD card Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB Special Edition [http://sapphirenitro.sapphiretech.com/en/580-SE.html], and I don't want to give up my 1070Ti as I used to game a lot in windows too.
I would like to know if I put Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB Special Edition in my first slot of PCIe and Nvidia 1070Ti in second slot, will the RX580 work for mac OS?
And I would like to know if Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB Special Edition is metal compatible? Since this is the first time I'm going for an AMD card, I would like to know will the AMD cards work out of box in Mac OS Mojave without any drivers?

Hi,
I've been using high Sierra 10.13.6 with Nvidia 1070Ti successfully. Due to my work I had to upgrade my Mac OS to Mojave 10.14.3(as it supports Xcode 10.2 for Swift 5.0). The problem is for the past couple of weeks I've been trying to get the Intel UHD 630 working but I couldn't. So I now think of getting an AMD card Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB Special Edition [http://sapphirenitro.sapphiretech.com/en/580-SE.html], and I don't want to give up my 1070Ti as I used to game a lot in windows too.
I would like to know if I put Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB Special Edition in my first slot of PCIe and Nvidia 1070Ti in second slot, will the RX580 work for mac OS?
And I would like to know if Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB Special Edition is metal compatible? Since this is the first time I'm going for an AMD card, I would like to know will the AMD cards work out of box in Mac OS Mojave without any drivers?

RX 580 is OOB but most users also add lilu and WEG Kexts for better support. Using 2 cards will drop your current 16 pci lanes (1070 ti) to 8 lanes for each card. About a 10-15% performance hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back