2. Apple
  3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I previously had a Nvidia GTX 970 on HS and it worked great along with sleep, but when I upgraded to an AMD Sapphire RX 580 waking from sleep would reboot the machine. I deleted the com.Apple.PowerManagment and it stopped the reboot but causes the monitors to come on and display nothing. I left this going for an hour with no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Update: Changed the Sys. Def. to iMac 14,2 and 18,3 with no success. Installed HibernationFixup, Lilu, and WEG with no success. Made a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll with no success, and upgraded my BIOS with nothing changing what-so-ever. Is sleep just not going to work on my hack?

Update: Changed the Sys. Def. to iMac 14,2 and 18,3 with no success. Installed HibernationFixup, Lilu, and WEG with no success. Made a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll with no success, and upgraded my BIOS with nothing changing what-so-ever. Is sleep just not going to work on my hack?

Hi there.

Yes, sleep can cause all kinds of problems.

1) I notice you have an i7 running at 4GHz. Is this overclocked? I guess it must be in a Z97 motherboard.

2) Check your BIOS power-management functions.

3) Your USB SSDT will probably have no effect except on wake-from-sleep caused by Bluetooth adapters.

4) Personally I think iMac14,2 should work best, no matter how good a fit it is to the hardware. It's the current catch-all, much like MacPro3,1 used to be before it was deprecated.

5) "FixShutdown" should be set to "true" in your config.plist. Easiest way to accomplish this is to use Clover Configurator and check the box. It's in the "Acpi" section. :thumbup:

6) Have you tried "NullCPUPowerManagement.kext"? Here's a link to exactly what it does.

Obviously make sure you back up your system before trying anything major, just in case :thumbup:

:)

Last edited:
Hi there.

Yes, sleep can cause all kinds of problems.

1) I notice you have an i7 running at 4GHz. Is this overclocked? I guess it must be in a Z97 motherboard.

2) Check your BIOS power-management functions.

3) Your USB SSDT will probably have no effect except on wake-from-sleep caused by Bluetooth adapters.

4) Personally I think iMac14,2 should work best, no matter how good a fit it is to the hardware. It's the current catch-all, much like MacPro3,1 used to be before it was deprecated.

5) "FixShutdown" should be set to "true" in your config.plist. Easiest way to accomplish this is to use Clover Configurator and check the box. It's in the "Acpi" section. :thumbup:

6) Have you tried "NullCPUPowerManagement.kext"? Here's a link to exactly what it does.

Obviously make sure you back up your system before trying anything major, just in case :thumbup:

Thank you for the reply, but sadly it did not work. I added the fix shutdown to my config, also added the NCPUM kext into my EFI, then into L/E/. Still getting the same blank screen, oddly enough when I tried this in HS the monitor didn't even turn on. If this is relevant it also takes about a minute or two to completely go into sleep mode. Yes my CPU is Overclocked and the BIOS Power Management seems to be in check, it was only when I upgraded dGPUs did sleep not work correctly.
Again I am grateful for your response though :)

Thank you for the reply, but sadly it did not work. I added the fix shutdown to my config, also added the NCPUM kext into my EFI, then into L/E/. Still getting the same blank screen, oddly enough when I tried this in HS the monitor didn't even turn on. If this is relevant it also takes about a minute or two to completely go into sleep mode. Yes my CPU is Overclocked and the BIOS Power Management seems to be in check, it was only when I upgraded dGPUs did sleep not work correctly.
Again I am grateful for your response though :)

Okay, fair enough.

Do a site-search here for "RX 580 black screen". There's lots of info. True, not all of it is relevant, but there are nuggets of gold out there - for example. Go past post #10 on that one, where the OP says it's solved, and see lots more useful stuff etc.

Firstly, check if you have kexts installed in SLE or LE, or if you modified system kexts run:

sudo kextcache -i /

Upload the screenshot of outputs here.

Secondly, upload your entire EFI here, let’s take a look.

Firstly, check if you have kexts installed in SLE or LE, or if you modified system kexts run:

sudo kextcache -i /

Upload the screenshot of outputs here.

Secondly, upload your entire EFI here, let’s take a look.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 81
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 3.51.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 3.51.45 PM.png
    263.6 KB · Views: 105
According to the screenshot, you have installed all the kexts into /Library/Extensions, but also keep the same "FakeSMC.kext" "NullCPUPowerManagement.kext" "WhateverGreen.kext" in Clover/kexts/other/, which is not a good idea. So i suggest move all the kexts showed up in the screenshot from "/Library/Extensions/" to "Clover/kexts/other/", and then run 'sudo kextcache -i / ' again to rebuild the kext cache. and reboot

in my opinion, you should remove

"NullCPUPowerManagement.kext" -- used for Pentium Processors etc.
"HibernationFixup.kext" -- this kext does not do what it intended to do
"FakePCIID*****.kext" -- there is no need to fake any id for Z97 mobo.
"GenericUSBXHCI.kext" -- again, there is no need for this

from everywhere, and then use attached config.plist instead (suggest your macOS is 10.13.6)

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.6 KB · Views: 97
According to the screenshot, you have installed all the kexts into /Library/Extensions, but also keep the same "FakeSMC.kext" "NullCPUPowerManagement.kext" "WhateverGreen.kext" in Clover/kexts/other/, which is not a good idea. So i suggest move all the kexts showed up in the screenshot from "/Library/Extensions/" to "Clover/kexts/other/", and then run 'sudo kextcache -i / ' again to rebuild the kext cache. and reboot
Alright I have moved all the kexts to the clover EFI, and rebooted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back