Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI H110M PRO-VD PLUS
CPU
i5 7500
Graphics
HD 630
My mouse is sluggish and some kind of artifacts happen as you can see on the video. Is this an issue because of GPU acceleration? Since I use iGPU of my Intel i5 7500 processor I thought I don't have to make special adjustments for the graphics except the BIOS where I've selected 64 mb.

Here is the example of my problem:

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 77
  • photo_2021-08-19_21-14-10.jpg
    photo_2021-08-19_21-14-10.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 56
My mouse is sluggish and some kind of artifacts happen as you can see on the video. Is this an issue because of GPU acceleration? Since I use iGPU of my Intel i5 7500 processor I thought I don't have to make special adjustments for the graphics except the BIOS where I've selected 64 mb.

Here is the example of my problem:

Thank you in advance!

Hi there.

Two things:

1) Yes, you are correct. You do not have hardware acceleration for your iGPU.

2) Your config.plist might be malformed. Double-check your upload. It failed to parse correctly.

:)

@LOQuence, UtterDisbelief was being polite, your Clover config.plist is a complete mess.

You need to create a new config.plist that contains useful entries that will work with your Kaby Lake system and IGPU.

@LOQuence, UtterDisbelief was being polite, your Clover config.plist is a complete mess.

You need to create a new config.plist that contains useful entries that will work with your Kaby Lake system and IGPU.
Hi there.

Two things:

1) Yes, you are correct. You do not have hardware acceleration for your iGPU.

2) Your config.plist might be malformed. Double-check your upload. It failed to parse correctly.

:)

Wow, I just checked it because I uploaded the file from my phone and I'm shocked by how messed up it is. I figured that it because I use a CCO instead of a normal CC, for some reason it kept bugging my config. Anyhow, I followed the guide from hackintosh.github and manually did the config.plist and I'm 99% sure I did everything exactly as it's written but now when I boot with it my screen goes black after the Apple logo loads up. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Somehow I got it to work, miracoulously I would say because I've no idea what exactly I done but it works. Only thing that doesn't work right now are display Hz but I can live with that to be honest, it won't let me choose, its gray ed out on 60.

EDIT 2: I can't go over 60 hz because I am using a dual link DVI-d, it can only do 1080p120Hertz but I'm on a 1440p monitor so I'm limited to 60 Hertz so I guess I solved the problem.

Thank you both for your assistance!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
That is a better config.plist but you have the IGPU settings in the wrong section.

You have the IGPU settings in the Devices > Arbitrary section:

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 18.26.35.png

When they should be in the Devices > Properties section:

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 18.30.36.png

I think you need to check the USB port limit patches for Mojave, as they don't appear to be correct either.

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 18.32.10.png

There are 4 x USB port limit patches required for Mojave.

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 18.34.48.png Highlighted USB PLP's for Mojave

Your Kaby Lake system only requires SSDT-EC-USBX.aml and SSDT-PLUG.aml to work with macOS. You can create custom SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-PLUG.aml for your system using your system DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script. And then add a separate SSDT-USBX.aml if you prefer not to use the generic (catch-all) SSDT's that are commonly used.

I would recommend you read and follow this guide for USB configuration created by UtterDisbelief - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

Oh god, and I thought I had it right this time. But atleast it works now. I'll fix it, thank you a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back