m3-7y30
Graphics
HD 615
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

i have a working and usable handheld Hackintosh running the last version of MacOS.
Special thanks to Rehabman for helping me a lot!
Still there are some last things to adjust, and I hope I can find some more help here.

Working:
- Integrated Display with brightness
- Intel HD Graphics acceleration
- Audio
- Battery Indicator
- Mouse Joysticks
- Keyboard
- USB 2.0 - 3.0 with SSDT

Not Working and problems
- WiFi (Intel so I use a nano Dongle)
- MicroSD reader (I2C, maybe there is no chance for it to work)
- HDMI Audio
- Touchscreen (I2C)
- Power management: strange behaviors

Untested: MicroHDMI Output since I don't have a MicroHDMI cable.

The most important thing to solve now is power management since It behaves not properly.
When I boot the system the screen sometimes remains black (50% of times) then if I wait 1/2 minutes the fans stop moving (Standby I guess) and if I press the power button again I finally may login. This behavior happens since I installed the Backlight Fixup kext.
Furthermore the device does not go in Standby when I close the Lid (and the display does not turn off).

The second big problem is HDMI Audio. External Display should relate to Framebuffer 1, if I use USB-C Output, which has a type connector 0008. As soon as I connect external Display this turns in a type 0004 in IOReg, no matter if I apply patches or not. Anyway in the end I am not able to play audio through HDMI.

I attached the problem reporting files. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• debug_32771.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Hello everyone,

i have a working and usable handheld Hackintosh running the last version of MacOS.
Special thanks to Rehabman for helping me a lot!
Still there are some last things to adjust, and I hope I can find some more help here.

Working:
- Integrated Display with brightness
- Intel HD Graphics acceleration
- Audio
- Battery Indicator
- Mouse Joysticks
- Keyboard
- USB 2.0 - 3.0 with SSDT

Not Working and problems
- WiFi (Intel so I use a nano Dongle)
- MicroSD reader (I2C, maybe there is no chance for it to work)
- HDMI Audio
- Touchscreen (I2C)
- Power management: strange behaviors

Untested: MicroHDMI Output since I don't have a MicroHDMI cable.

The most important thing to solve now is power management since It behaves not properly.
When I boot the system the screen sometimes remains black (50% of times) then if I wait 1/2 minutes the fans stop moving (Standby I guess) and if I press the power button again I finally may login. This behavior happens since I installed the Backlight Mixup kext.
Furthermore the device does not go in Standby when I close the Lid (and the display does not turn off).

The second big problem is HDMI Audio. External Display should relate to Framebuffer 1, if I use USB-C Output, wich has a type connector 0008. As soon as I connect external Display this turns in a type 0004 in IOReg, no matter if I apply patches or not. Anyway in the end I am not able to play audio through HDMI.

I attached the problem reporting files. Thanks in advance!
all kexts you need should be installed to /Library/Extensions (you have some in /System/Library/Extensions for some reason?)

maybe worth trying Rehabman's version of clover

Actually I installed in SLE because I thought it was better than LE. Am I wrong?
I used Rehabman's config.plist (Intel HD 615) to start.

By moving all the kexts I installed to LE (with kextbeast) my System became unbootable :(

By moving all the kexts I installed to LE (with kextbeast) my System became unbootable :(

It means you made a mistake (likely omitted a required kext).
Best practice is to install kexts with Terminal (refer to the laptop FAQ).
Always check for complete/correct installation by rebuilding kernel cache and paying attention to unexpected errors.

No way... I tried everything now. Installed MacOS from scratch and whe I install the kexts to LE my system becomes unbootable

No way... I tried everything now. Installed MacOS from scratch and whe I install the kexts to LE my system becomes unbootable
Attach "Problem Reporting" files every time that you report an issue, there's no way we can help you troubleshoot your problems without knowing what you are doing.
Your profile doesn't have listed what hardware do you have, only cpu and gpu.
- What type of laptop do you have
- What kexts did you try to install to L/E
- How did you try to install them
- Did you download all the kexts latest version to their respective website ?

So I got everything back up and running.
Everything installed in LE (ACPIBatteryManager.kext AppleBacklightFixup.kext Whatevergreen Lilu AppleALC USBInjectall, last version)
Vanilla AppleHDA in SLE
Rehabman's Clover build
Everything behaves as in post #1
Files attached

Attachments

• debug_7994.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
So I got everything back up and running.
Everything installed in LE (ACPIBatteryManager.kext AppleBacklightFixup.kext Whatevergreen Lilu AppleALC USBInjectall, last version)
Vanilla AppleHDA in SLE
Rehabman's Clover build
Everything behaves as in post #1
Files attached

Your kextcache shows AppleHDA patched. AppleALC is intended to be used with vanilla AppleHDA. Run the macOS installer to restore your system kexts to vanilla.

ACPI not patched correctly. Refer to the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Also, if you have no custom settings for SSDT-RMCF.aml, you should remove it.

Also, USB WiFi not recommended. Remove it and install supported PCIe WiFi as per FAQ.

As soon as I connect external Display this turns in a type 0004 in IOReg,

It is typical (we have no idea why). Usually does not break HDMI audio.
You should try with FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back