Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a gpd pocket 2 with the mojave installed running smoothly. I just do not have battery status. I've tried some DSDT from other notebooks but it does not work. Does anyone have any that work? I have tried some tutorials but they are very complex for me because i'm not a programer. @RehabMan can you help me , please???

The .plist is config_mb10_1ok

Thanks!

Attachments

• CLOVER_MASTER_NANAO_GPDPOCKET_2.zip
    12.7 MB · Views: 198
  • PatchMatic_GPD2.zip
    59 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Hey there! I have been trying to get a Hackintosh setup working for the GPD Pocket 2 for ages, and your files have helped me get one step closer! I am still working on trying to get all the pieces to work, as it seems like trying to set up one part throws every other part into mayhem. I think I have battery status working now, but can't get brightness control working without also killing the internal display. I also don't yet have audio working.

Have you had any progress making other parts of the Pocket 2 work? I'd love to share our work to hopefully get to a fully working (or as fully as possible, anyway)!

Hey there! I have been trying to get a Hackintosh setup working for the GPD Pocket 2 for ages, and your files have helped me get one step closer! I am still working on trying to get all the pieces to work, as it seems like trying to set up one part throws every other part into mayhem. I think I have battery status working now, but can't get brightness control working without also killing the internal display. I also don't yet have audio working.

Have you had any progress making other parts of the Pocket 2 work? I'd love to share our work to hopefully get to a fully working (or as fully as possible, anyway)!

Hello! Yes, I have it working perfectly now. Internal monitor, battery status, bluetooth, screen brightness control and so on. Only the wifi that is intel and does not have native support, so I am using a usb dongle from tp-link. For the internal speakers I used voodooHDA. The process is quite simple.Unzip the archive and put the kext into the Other folder in your clover folder, and double click in VoodooHDA.prefPane. (You have disable apple.HDA on your clover folder , if you have.)
For monitor brightness, you need to use an SSDT along with a kext. It is attached.
The internal display was a struggle to make it work. The secret was to make a fake-id and turn it into a HD 615 and change the connectors all to DVI. I do not know if these file attachments in the original post are the correct ones. Now I have the battery status working through a DSDT.

Good Luck!

Attachments

• monitor brightness.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 142
  • Put_inside_Others_on_clover.zip
    641.8 KB · Views: 150
Thank you so much! You're right, I instantly have audio working too, perfect! I couldn't get screen brightness back yet though, would you mind terribly and share your config file and latest patched DSDT files (or the entire EFI folder sans themes perhaps)? I have the battery working on my end but think I am lacking the required patches to the DSDT file to fully enable brightness adjustment.

Have you also been able to figure out a way to get several (or at least one) additional resolution/hidpi options? I was trying to get that to work too as all resolution options but the native one disappear once you rotate the screen 270 degrees.

Many thanks! This is such great progress!

Thank you so much! You're right, I instantly have audio working too, perfect! I couldn't get screen brightness back yet though, would you mind terribly and share your config file and latest patched DSDT files (or the entire EFI folder sans themes perhaps)? I have the battery working on my end but think I am lacking the required patches to the DSDT file to fully enable brightness adjustment.

Have you also been able to figure out a way to get several (or at least one) additional resolution/hidpi options? I was trying to get that to work too as all resolution options but the native one disappear once you rotate the screen 270 degrees.

Many thanks! This is such great progress!

The brightness of the screen will only work if you have the video driver working perfectly with at least 1054mb.

the shortcuts to increase and decrease are by fn + F1 and fn + F2 that can be configured through the keyboard shortcuts in system preferences.

the best resolution for the internal screen of the GDP Pcket 2 is 960 x 600. You have to enable the hidpi either by the terminal or by some app. Here I use the QuickRes app.

By the terminal, copy and paste this code

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool true

Or at QuickRes goes preferences / advanced / enable HiDPI mode

This is my complete EFI.

My plist correct is config_mb_10_ok

Attachments

• BKP_EFI_FOLDER.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 195
  • Captura de Tela 2019-07-19 às 12.00.32 (2).png
    Captura de Tela 2019-07-19 às 12.00.32 (2).png
    2.9 MB · Views: 195
  • Captura de Tela 2019-07-19 às 12.03.45 (2).png
    Captura de Tela 2019-07-19 às 12.03.45 (2).png
    3.7 MB · Views: 196
The brightness of the screen will only work if you have the video driver working perfectly with at least 1054mb.

the shortcuts to increase and decrease are by fn + F1 and fn + F2 that can be configured through the keyboard shortcuts in system preferences.

the best resolution for the internal screen of the GDP Pcket 2 is 960 x 600. You have to enable the hidpi either by the terminal or by some app. Here I use the QuickRes app.

By the terminal, copy and paste this code

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool true

Or at QuickRes goes preferences / advanced / enable HiDPI mode

This is my complete EFI.

My plist correct is config_mb_10_ok

Thanks for sharing your EFI folder. I just tried it now and mine keeps rebooting. I'm not sure why it's doing that. What screen orientation are you using in the BIOS?

I can't seem to get your EFI to boot at all though. :(

Thanks for sharing your EFI folder. I just tried it now and mine keeps rebooting. I'm not sure why it's doing that. What screen orientation are you using in the BIOS?

Copies all the my EFI folder and does not delete anything from it. I don't know why to delete the config.plist the system does not boot. The plist correct is config_mb_10_ok. Only select this archive and boot your system. In bios the rotation of the screen is in right. The correct position is that the clover's boot is horizontal.

Edit: I have removed the ZIP file from my post here as I just finished setting up a Github repo with these files. Hopefully this way we can keep the configuration up-to-date and make it easier for others to find the recent-most version too, without having many older or broken ones floating around. I'll happily accept pull requests for changes that fix currently missing features (ie. sleep mode seems to not yet work)!

Link to Github repo: https://github.com/hellodeibu/gpd-pocket2-hackintosh

Rest of my original message follows:

Thanks so much! I tweaked the config file a bit, updated all kexts that had updates, deleted ones that I think are unnecessary and swapped FakeSMC for VirtualSMC. I also removed verbose boot mode and a few other minor tweaks. I also added NullEthernet.kext so that you should be able to get the App Store working even if you're not using a USB ethernet/wifi card (e.g. when bluetooth/usb tethering from your iPhone). I haven't tested everything yet, but I wanted to share this so that others can try and continue working on this as-well.

To use my version, be sure to use Clover Configurator to first set a UUID under System Parameters, as-well as a serial number and board serial number under SMBIOS, as I blanked those out when exporting.

What is working:
- Hardware acceleration
- Correct screen orientation (hold down cmd+option when opening System Preferences, keep holding them down as you click on Displays, and you'll get the rotation option. Set it to 270 degrees)
- built-in speakers
- Bluetooth (although it seems to sporadically disappear for a bit?)
- HiDPI mode (if you use the command fnanao shared previously)

What is not working:
- Microphone (I think the wrong layout is set for this)
- Touch screen
- eMMC built-in storage, use a USB SSD/drive or a microSD card (the built-in slot is bootable, fortunately).

If you want to try his ZIP, you should open the config file using Clover Configurator and under System Parameters, change Inject Kexts to Detect. I am not sure why it was set to `No`, but that results in a kernel panic at boot. I made these changes already in my version.

Attachments

• GPD Pocket 2 Hack.png
    GPD Pocket 2 Hack.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 401
Last edited:
Edit: I have removed the ZIP file from my post here as I just finished setting up a Github repo with these files. Hopefully this way we can keep the configuration up-to-date and make it easier for others to find the recent-most version too, without having many older or broken ones floating around. I'll happily accept pull requests for changes that fix currently missing features (ie. sleep mode seems to not yet work)!

Link to Github repo: https://github.com/hellodeibu/gpd-pocket2-hackintosh

Rest of my original message follows:

Thanks so much! I tweaked the config file a bit, updated all kexts that had updates, deleted ones that I think are unnecessary and swapped FakeSMC for VirtualSMC. I also removed verbose boot mode and a few other minor tweaks. I also added NullEthernet.kext so that you should be able to get the App Store working even if you're not using a USB ethernet/wifi card (e.g. when bluetooth/usb tethering from your iPhone). I haven't tested everything yet, but I wanted to share this so that others can try and continue working on this as-well.

To use my version, be sure to use Clover Configurator to first set a UUID under System Parameters, as-well as a serial number and board serial number under SMBIOS, as I blanked those out when exporting.

What is working:
- Hardware acceleration
- Correct screen orientation (hold down cmd+option when opening System Preferences, keep holding them down as you click on Displays, and you'll get the rotation option. Set it to 270 degrees)
- built-in speakers
- Bluetooth (although it seems to sporadically disappear for a bit?)
- HiDPI mode (if you use the command fnanao shared previously)

What is not working:
- Microphone (I think the wrong layout is set for this)
- Touch screen
- eMMC built-in storage, use a USB SSD/drive or a microSD card (the built-in slot is bootable, fortunately).

If you want to try his ZIP, you should open the config file using Clover Configurator and under System Parameters, change Inject Kexts to Detect. I am not sure why it was set to `No`, but that results in a kernel panic at boot. I made these changes already in my version.

Nice!! I will try with your EFI folder.
About de microphone , I try all the layout avaliable for 269VB codec and not working. Before install the voodooHDA , when using the appleHDA , the microphone works well but the internal speakers not.
I'm struggling for over 4 months to make the hackintosh in gpd pocket work completely and I think we're almost there. :)

I just tested your EFI and it worked fine. The HDMI output still works but no audio, although I have selected intelHDMI in the clover configurator. I saw that in efi the audio layout is at 18, actually I use it at 7 but nothing changes .haha. let's see if we can get any further progress on it. here for me bluetooth works very stable. let's keep in touch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back