CPU
i3-8109U
Graphics
Iris Pro 655
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
success install 10.6.7 with multibeast kext. where should i put dsdt.aml? what kext should i remove after place it on right place?

I am not sure what you are asking. If you have run MultiBeast, the DSDT is no longer needed on your desktop, there should now exist a copy in the Extras folder. If you can boot without the iBoot disk and sound/networking/video work...you have success!!!

thanks, i choosed user DSDT on multibeast and got LAN and sound information but its not working(maybe no kext installed). i used auto DSDT patcher for board asus p5g41t-m lx. guess i just stick to using kext. does this mean if u have the right dsdt u can always update to the next version of mac os without adding evoreboot/fakesmc etc?

dsdt or not, you need fakesmc.

afaik, the only thing that causes problems with updates on a non-dsdt install is sleepenabler.kext, but that is easily removed to update

mean that if i don't bother about sleep i just go on with kext installation step? if use dsdt the intelpower management and speedstep are fully utilize like the real mac? anyway thanks guys for helping me understand better.... :)

If you click on the Search option above there are a number of guides for the P8P67 motherboard that should help you get things working.

I would suggest that work on the issues one at a time, keeping track of what you do, in case you need to back up. Just remember to always run System Utilities when you add or delete a kext.

You need to choose the appropriate kexts in MultiBeast for sound, networking full video functionality as well as self-booting. I suggest either following on of the guides for the P8P67. Most of them are for the PRO version, so you should check that the sound Codec and Ethernet chip sets are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back