Contribute
Register

Got audio to work 889 on Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
atlanx said:
This did not work for me and my

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3H-B3 Rev1.3 Bios F11

1 first of all i did a clean install of lion got the Ethernet to work with Muiltbeast 3.7
2 reboot
3 delete AppleHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions
4 reboot
5 run Kext Utility
6 Reboot
7 run Kext utility and drag AppleHDA.kext into it
8 Reboot
9 run Muilt beast 3.7.3 select
x ALC8xxHDA
dont select AppleHDA Rollback you been warned
x DSDT HDAEnabler ALC889
that it finish off reboot the lion ( you should have 2 thing selected)

Check your Preference you should see 889 audio now go into sound select youe sound output

I even tried a step 10(after it didn't work): run Kext Utility + Reboot

check if have
enable in the bios Azalia codec
also check your codac the picture you have posted shows Audio id 885
for the motherboard you have listed it codac 889 so it should show Audio id 889
see here
http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product ... id=3973#sp
let us know

Maybe it's just my stupidity, but I want to share the way I fixed the audio problem on my system.

I followed the instructions to the letter, the only thing I did not do was actually delete the AppleHDA.kext, but I renamed it to AppleHDAOLD.kext.

As with a lot of you, no sound input and a grey sound icon. I even reinstalled the combo update, did the Rollback in MultiBeast, tried everything else I could find, but nothing at all....

When I looked in About This Mac (Software/Extensions), I noticed that my AppleHDAOLD.kext was still active, together with the 'normal' AppleHDA.

Solution was: deleting the renamed AppleHDA, reboot and.... let there be sound !

I hope this can help someone,

Rene

idd wrote:
check if have
see here
let us know

Azalia: Yes is activated.
Codec: Yes i was surprised too why it says id 885 and not id 889.
But i 1000% clicked [x] ALC889 and not ALC885/889a.

Gigabyte GA-Z68X UD3H-B3 (Rev v1.3) Bios F11

atlanx said:
idd wrote:
check if have
see here
let us know

Azalia: Yes is activated.
Codec: Yes i was surprised too why it says id 885 and not id 889.
But i 1000% clicked [x] ALC889 and not ALC885/889a.

Gigabyte GA-Z68X UD3H-B3 (Rev v1.3) Bios F11

Your best bet is check what version motherboard you have and that you install the right bios because your motherboard is same as mine and mine say Audio id 889

Hey

I just updated from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3, using the OS X Lion Update 10.7.3 (Client Combo) .... http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1484

Then i ran the Custom Beast, before the reboot!

Then after reboot, i used this post!

In which i deleted the AppleHDA, then i rebooted, then i used KEXTBEAST (because the kext utility that was attached did not work!) to install the AppleHDA from that post!

then i rebooted and after reboot, i used MultiBeast 4.3.1 and had the options of ALC8xxHDA and ALC889.

but still after i rebooted it, i still got no sound!

and still i don't have any options under /preferences/sound/output

When deleting the AppleHDA kext is it necessary to repair permissions before rebooting?
My sound works fine using the AppleHDA rollback but my front headphone output doesnt work. I just dont want to get a KP after deleting AppleHDA, although I do have a working bootable backup. Thanks!

Gmtech79 said:
When deleting the AppleHDA kext is it necessary to repair permissions before rebooting?
My sound works fine using the AppleHDA rollback but my front headphone output doesnt work. I just dont want to get a KP after deleting AppleHDA, although I do have a working bootable backup. Thanks!

yes best to be safe take less then 10 sec

Finally got my front panel headphones to work. Everything stopped working after doing every step in idd's instructions so I undid everything and stopped after reinstalling the AppleHDA kext. Now all audio ports work, however when connecting headphones they are not auto recognized. I have to go into sounds settings and select the headphone port and vice versa to enable internal audio. Anyone know how to get auto recognition to work?

I am having the same problem since the update, does anyone have any other solutions?

Thank you idd,

I used your procedure to get audio working in 10.7.0. Then updated to 10.7.3 and again followed your procedure through step 8 to fix the audio.

I used KextBeast rather than Kext Utility.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back