Not open for further replies.
ok let try this then
remove your applehda .kext
and all the audio kext
repair
reboot
then reinstall from post 1 again

Hello again Idd.
Well I finally got backed up and reinstalled from scratch and the sound was back to normal and working again, and so I just put it down to perhaps some glitch having occurred when I cloned this install to a larger drive as that was the only thing I'd honestly thought had changed. Anyway, all seemed to be OK again until I downloaded and installed the Lion 10.7.3 update and everything just went pear-shaped again from there. I checked the dates and then realised that this is a new update (I was sure I'd been running 10.7.3 for months but that must've been 10.7.2) and so it's got to be this that's the culprit and what's causing my sound to break. :(
Should I just give this update a miss?
Thanks again for any advice
Cheers
Prole

PS. Further to the above post I've just noticed that this site's discussion of the 10.7.3 update at: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/02/ ... pdate.html states:

"If you use ALC8xxHDA for onboard audio, you will have to reinstall AppleHDA Rollback using MultiBeast before rebooting" but I've kept away from this after your original instructions warned against installing it. Any ideas?
Thanks again.

superstargoddess said:
It's odd, if I use AppleHDA, my mic won't work. But now that I'm using the Voodoo kext, the sound isn't working but the mic is. I have to put in the special code on Voodoo in order for it to detect my mobo audio instead of my gpu audio.

why are you using a voodoo.kext your motherboard Codac is 889
why have voodoo when you can have pure 889 codac for your motherboard

delete appleHDA.kext and voodoo.kext
download from post 1
and start from line 4 in the post 1

good luck

Proletaire said:
PS. Further to the above post I've just noticed that this site's discussion of the 10.7.3 update at: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/02/ ... pdate.html states:

"If you use ALC8xxHDA for onboard audio, you will have to reinstall AppleHDA Rollback using MultiBeast before rebooting" but I've kept away from this after your original instructions warned against installing it. Any ideas?
Thanks again.

Please ignore the above request for help now, as I just ran the AppleHDA Rollback option in Multibeast immediately after installing the MacOSXUpdCombo10.7.3.dmg update package and before rebooting, and it's all working flawlessly again. :D

Proletaire said:
Proletaire said:

Thanks again.

Please ignore the above request for help now, as I just ran the AppleHDA Rollback option in Multibeast immediately after installing the MacOSXUpdCombo10.7.3.dmg update package and before rebooting, and it's all working flawlessly again. :D

nice

idd-Thanks so much for the procedure! I kept getting kernel panics with the recommended "Custom Install on OSX Boot" MultiBeast settings (including the AppleHDA Rollback) for the GA-Z68XP-UD3H-B3 and Snow Leopard shown below. So I followed your instructions and did a final MultiBeast run-through with only your recommended audio settings plus system utils and Linx2Mac's networking checked (and 64bit GraphicsEnabler=No because of the ATI card). My only confusion was that at first I didn't see your attached AppleHDA.kext file initially. Now it sounds great!

Attachments

• MultibootSettings.png
    MultibootSettings.png
    191.2 KB · Views: 224
idd said:
This how I got the audio to work

Bios is F4 ( if this help anyone )

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3H-B3

How do you figure out which Bios to use (F4, F5, F6, etc)????

I'm using the UD3H-B3 board with an XFX HD Radeon 6870 with HDMI port that supplies both video and audio to my monitor. What setting would I select to enable HDMI audio???

Thank you.

zeltacom said:
idd said:
This how I got the audio to work

Bios is F4 ( if this help anyone )

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3H-B3

How do you figure out which Bios to use (F4, F5, F6, etc)????

I'm using the UD3H-B3 board with an XFX HD Radeon 6870 with HDMI port that supplies both video and audio to my monitor. What setting would I select to enable HDMI audio???

Thank you.

that i used ages ago just update it to F11 that works fine as well

good luck

This did not work for me and my

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3H-B3 Rev1.3 Bios F11

1 first of all i did a clean install of lion got the Ethernet to work with Muiltbeast 3.7
2 reboot
3 delete AppleHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions
4 reboot
5 run Kext Utility
6 Reboot
7 run Kext utility and drag AppleHDA.kext into it
8 Reboot
9 run Muilt beast 3.7.3 select
x ALC8xxHDA
dont select AppleHDA Rollback you been warned
x DSDT HDAEnabler ALC889
that it finish off reboot the lion ( you should have 2 thing selected)

Check your Preference you should see 889 audio now go into sound select youe sound output

I even tried a step 10(after it didn't work): run Kext Utility + Reboot

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-20 um 15.33.40.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-20 um 15.33.40.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 291
  • Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-20 um 15.34.08.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-20 um 15.34.08.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 291
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back