Contribute
Register

Got audio to work 889 on Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChiefWizard said:
So I can't just cheat and boot with unibeast, oh well I'll look into this boot0 problem before audio then. thanks for the help! :D

no you need the machine running on it own before you start to fix little bits of your custom machine
once you get it to running then start on post 1

I think i messed up the Lion after combo upate I restarted several times and tried multibeast several times and God knows what i didn't try to get make my audio works :) but still no luck.
cant see any audio device in preferences.

alpatgeen said:
I think i messed up the Lion after combo upate I restarted several times and tried multibeast several times and God knows what i didn't try to get make my audio works :) but still no luck.
cant see any audio device in preferences.

as long as your machine working try this
remove your audio.kext and applehda.kext
do a repair permission
and start from post 1 line 6

Idd, if you're around, do you know if any updates etc., have altered anything that'd suddenly cause this fix to stop working? My audio's been working flawlessly since you directed me here after I'd posted 'Curiouser and curiouser - Gigabye H67M sound issues' a while back, but it suddenly stopped working earlier today and a going back through all those steps in an attempt to reinstall it doesn't work either: no input or output devices are listed in the sound applet in system preferences despite system report listing the following: Intel High Definition Audio: Audio ID: 889

If you have any idea as to what may have caused this, I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance
Regards

Prole

Proletaire said:
Idd, if you're around, do you know if any updates etc., have altered anything that'd suddenly cause this fix to stop working? My audio's been working flawlessly since you directed me here after I'd posted 'Curiouser and curiouser - Gigabye H67M sound issues' a while back, but it suddenly stopped working earlier today and a going back through all those steps in an attempt to reinstall it doesn't work either: no input or output devices are listed in the sound applet in system preferences despite system report listing the following: Intel High Definition Audio: Audio ID: 889

If you have any idea as to what may have caused this, I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance
Regards

Prole

try this turn off your machine completed unplug from wall wait couple of min and boot it up and plug in the speakers and then check also what version update you running

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu :clap: :headbang: :crazy: u r the best

you save my life :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :thumbup: :wave:

try this turn off your machine completed unplug from wall wait couple of min and boot it up and plug in the speakers and then check also what version update you running

Sorry, Idd, I forgot I'd posted, went away, and didn't see your response until I came back to log off. :( I've tried what you said a couple of times but with no joy.

My machine's still the same 10.7.3 version it was when your steps first got my sound to work and the only updates since then has been only those which Software Update has prompted me to download. Also, I can't remember downloading anything immediately before this died on me so have no clues there.
Thanks again for the help.

Proletaire said:

Sorry, Idd, I forgot I'd posted, went away, and didn't see your response until I came back to log off. :( I've tried what you said a couple of times but with no joy.

My machine's still the same 10.7.3 version it was when your steps first got my sound to work and the only updates since then has been only those which Software Update has prompted me to download. Also, I can't remember downloading anything immediately before this died on me so have no clues there.
Thanks again for the help.

ok let try this then
remove your applehda .kext
and all the audio kext
repair
reboot
then reinstall from post 1 again

idd said:
ok let try this then
remove your applehda .kext
and all the audio kext
repair
reboot
then reinstall from post 1 again
Hello again and thanks for the reply.

I did as you suggested and went into /System/library/Extensions and removed

ALC8xxHDA.kext
AppleHDA.kext
and the AppleHDA.kext backup folder and files,
and then followed the original instructions from step 2 but the problem persists.
If it means a fresh install from step 1 again, though, I'll have to wait until I get a fresh drive to back this machine up to, as I've just had a couple of drives die on me on another machine and so don't want to lose the little I have left backed up on on this.

Will definitely try that again once I'm backed up, though, so thanks for the help again.
Cheers
Prole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back