Contribute
Register

Got audio to work 889 on Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude05 said:
Thanks a lot for this guide. Z68XP-UD3 10.6.8 audio worked fine after following ur steps. Somehow i hvnt tried to get audio in Lion since my HDMI audio worked on my very first boot after multibeast. was struggling with audio on SL for a while. thanks again.

Good to here that will list your Motherboard

Thank You Thank You Thank You!! After 20 hours I finally have sound out of my first Hackintosh thanks to you. I followed those instructions exactly and it worked. FYI to anyone wondering if you select Built-in Digital Output (Encoded Output) in VLC or Plex/XBMC it will pass dts audio to your receiver for multi-channel (In audio midi setup I can select multi channel but not 5.1 receiver, only "stereo" is available.

Not sure if this would help anyone but this is working on my setup below with:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
AtiConfig=Bulrushes
AtiPorts=4
npci-0x2000
darkwake=0
UseKernelCache=Yes

I had been trying to get HDMI audio to work out of my Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 all to no avail. This is certainly better than nothing. I think I'm gonna call it good enough until I run into a problem. If anyone has any ideas how to get HDMI audio to work out of Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 and Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 please let me know. I also have to give a shout out to chameleon wizard and kext wizard, they both made a few of these sometimes confusing tasks a little easier.

I've never had problems with my sound before. At least not any problems that couldn't be fixed by re-installing the sound drivers; ALC8xxHDA.kext + rollback.

Today, sound stopped working when I ran Multibeast to update to the latest DSDT files released on Jan 1st.

I tried the usual re-install with no luck. I tried the method in this thread with no luck.

USB audio still works at least. More digging is obviously required.

Cheers,

I ended up simply restoring from my CCC backup. It was easier than fooling around with Voodoo. I love the price and flexibility of my Hack but it really is living on the edge, never knowing when a small tweak will mess something up.

At least my audio is back! :thumbup:

Cheers,

Hi all. I finally got my on-board sound working. But, there is a problem which the sound that came out is Lagging with Hissing and Noise. The noise is much louder than the music.

My board - Foxconn H67M-s
- Snow Leopard 10.6.7
- i3 + 12gb Ram.
- 2tb Hdd.

Audio codec is 887 (base on the Foxconn official website) but I've tried all codec that is in multibeast and its work but with the same problem = Lagging and Noise.

Anyone have this problem and did anyone know how to fix it?

Need help please.

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Is it important that you use MultiBeast 3.7? I can't find a download anywhere, only Ver 4.2.1

Is there anywhere on here that there are old vers of programs to download?

Thanks all

Trev

trevolly said:
Hi Guys,

Is it important that you use MultiBeast 3.7? I can't find a download anywhere, only Ver 4.2.1

Thanks all

Trev

check post 1 Ive Upload it good luck

trevolly said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks all

Trev

Fpr me, the current version worked fine. But, I'll have to tell you that my sound is much much better after following the advice from Toleda in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=47214

I was excited about getting sound at all, but it was poor quality until I went back and did as suggested in the other thread. There's simply no comparison.

tonarinoinu said:
I ended up simply restoring from my CCC backup. It was easier than fooling around with Voodoo. I love the price and flexibility of my Hack but it really is living on the edge, never knowing when a small tweak will mess something up.

At least my audio is back! :thumbup:

Cheers,

yup on the edge everyday lol

Hey guys, also having problems with audio. I stuffed all the parts into a G5 chassis and did no cuts so I don't have access to the back ports. I have a cable that plugs into the front of the G5 case and I only plan on using the front audio jack.

I followed the 10.7 guide from gordo on these forums and got everything up and running, minus sound.

I'm on 10.7.3, have the latest multi beast, latest next utility and idd's HDA from the OP. Going to try this again.

Edit; okay, so now I hear some cracking/popping when inserting/removing the plug front the front audio jack but still no sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back