Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm if this is working on an X58A-UD7

irti said:
Can anyone confirm if this is working on an X58A-UD7

Well so far in post 1
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 working
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 working

why don't you give it ago if you don't have sound and then I.ll list your motherboard ?

Hello,

Having audio problems. I have 10.7.4 with the F12 bios on this board. I can get audio just fine out the back, but I cannot get HDMI audio. System Preferences shows both HDMI and DisplayPorts available, but the sound in system preferences does not have HDMI available.

Anyone else have this issue? I am unclear from the posts if folks are getting HDMI audio.

I just tried this method, and it seems to be kind of working (i can see my audio device being recognized as alc889) but for some reason i still can't select any output :(

Destynx said:
I just tried this method, and it seems to be kind of working (i can see my audio device being recognized as alc889) but for some reason i still can't select any output :(

good as long as it recognized as alc889 you are almost there
ok turn off your machine unplug from the wall
wait couple of min plug it in turn on your computer
now go into sound select youe sound output

Thanks for your help. I tried what you said and it didn't work.

First, I searched for any file in System\Library\Extensions with the word "audio" and put them in the trash.

Then I followed your instructions. Still no luck.
Then I looked at the console (File > Applications > Utilities > Console) and searched for audio. I saw some dependencies that were not being applied so I replaced the audio file extensions I deleted before that matched the lost dependencies and now I have audio.

update from 10.7.2 to 10.7.4 first no sound.
everything works..... thanks for your work IDD.

gigabyte h55m-usb3
ati radeon 6570
realtek 889 sound
realtek gigabit network
4 gb ram

Nice to Hear That lol

will list your motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back