Contribute
Register

Got an 8700K for free (hand me down) - What's the easiest Motherboard to Hackinotsh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all

Currently have an older 3770K with an RX 580 that is starting to show it's age (not so much in my Mac Partition, but mainly in Windows when I game).

Anyhow, I've been given an 8700K for free, and rather than waste it, can someone please recommend the best (and by best, I mean easiest, least work for a noob like me) motherboard to get?

I'm also going to use the money I've saved by not getting a CPU on the best GPU possible, so probably the 5700 series.

Thanks all

Hi all

Currently have an older 3770K with an RX 580 that is starting to show it's age (not so much in my Mac Partition, but mainly in Windows when I game).

Anyhow, I've been given an 8700K for free, and rather than waste it, can someone please recommend the best (and by best, I mean easiest, least work for a noob like me) motherboard to get?

I'm also going to use the money I've saved by not getting a CPU on the best GPU possible, so probably the 5700 series.

Thanks all

If you can still find a Z370 motherboard I would say go for that. Otherwise go for the Z390 UD as stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back