mac pro 3.1 twin cpu's 2.8g
replaced the stock video card(8800gt) with a nvidia gtx 460 oc
(no boot screen) but works great
1 tb samsung ssd to boot
24gb ram
works great for a 14 year old machine
el capitan for now , will put open core eventually

You got something even older than your X58 hackintosh. I like the older stuff better too, it's just that eventually it gets too difficult the keep it functional with the latest macOS versions.

replaced the stock video card(8800gt) with a nvidia gtx 460 oc
(no boot screen) but works great
1 tb samsung ssd to boot
24gb ram
works great for a 14 year old machine
el capitan for now , will put open core eventually
Me daily driver!

But 32G and GTX680 (which is about 2x a CoffeeLake UHD 630) and has Mac firmware so I can see boot, and Catalina — thanks to Macrumors forums and dosdude1.

I also added eSATA and USB3 cards.

Mine suffers the heartbreak of its ethernet ports seizing under certain rare SMB traffic patterns, but they get unstuck by resetting the interface.

I've said before that while my newer i9 hack is literally 5–10x more powerful, it only feels like about 1 step forward.

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy: The difference between not-doing and doing is infinite, while the difference between doing and 10x-doing is just a bit more doing.

Last edited:
with the right gpu and enough memory this thing rocks
my x58 machine is now just windows 10 , solaris ,linux
windows 10 for games
solaris because i can
linux for experimenting

did dosdudes catalina patch
works 100%
Hello! I have a similar configuration on Sabertooth x58, only NVIDIA gtx780ti video card. I've been trying to update for a week :banghead: can Only boot on an old sierra system. Please help by sharing your config settings. sorry: offtop :oops:

Last edited:
But I thought about the Mac Pro version you described, I'm already looking for it in the ads... ps: However, if you have preserved the working configuration settings of clover or opencore, I will be very grateful

Back