Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Got a bootable Windows USB disk, but can I use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z270X Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
rx 580
So... Adobe was so nice to drop support for High Sierra in their latest versions, which causes the need to upgrade my OS, but Mac dropped support for Nvidea, which means that I need a new video card. But thanks to Covid, bitcoin and who knows what else, there is a shortage of chips, which blew up the price of graphic cards.

So instead of spending 700 euro on a card that was 250 euro a year ago I was hoping to get a bootable USB drive that has Windows on it, so I can use adobe via that way.

But instead of being smart and checking this forum before beginning, I ended up using this video:

Which probably works great of you have an official Mac, but of course I don't, so here is my question:

I have a bootable Samsung SSD 500GB, formatted in MS DOS. How do I boot from this disk (using USB)? Cant seem to figure it out.

Thanks in Advance.

How do I boot from this disk (using USB)? Cant seem to figure it out.
Am I correct to assume you have already installed Windows on the Samsung SSD successfully? If so, do you intend to boot through the F12 menu, OpenCore or Clover? What is happening when you try? Please elaborate on the current situation.

Am I correct to assume you have already installed Windows on the Samsung SSD successfully? If so, do you intend to boot through the F12 menu, OpenCore or Clover? What is happening when you try? Please elaborate on the current situation.
The Answer is that I'm a moron and I put the windows boot in a (sort of) malfunctioning USB port. Putting it it a the back basically fixed it. Works like a charm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back