Contribute
Register

Good news for x99 10.11 [Haswell E - El Capitan]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Lokicat and moviemakergr,

thanks a lot for your guidance so far, it helped - you guys are burner! :thumbup:

Lokicat may i ask you something, since we almost have an identical setup and at least the exact same graphics card:

Is your GTX 980Ti working at full performance? I mean, do you have FPS over 100 when testing with Cinebench?

Right now i'm stuck at around 80fps. I added your Kext Patch for the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy which helped and boosted my performance from 50 to 80 fps.
But still, with Windows 10 i get over 150fps
:roll2:

I don't have any clue how to improve that - everything else seems to work pretty good.
Any help would be very appreciated - maybe you or someone else can give me a hint how to fix that?

I'm still running Yosemite with the latest Nvidia web drivers - is upgrading to El Capitan the only way to get full graphics performance??

I attached my config.plist for more information.

Thx anyways!

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 440

thanks a lot for your guidance so far, it helped - you guys are burner! :thumbup:

Lokicat may i ask you something, since we almost have an identical setup and at least the exact same graphics card:

Is your GTX 980Ti working at full performance? I mean, do you have FPS over 100 when testing with Cinebench?

Right now i'm stuck at around 80fps. I added your Kext Patch for the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy which helped and boosted my performance from 50 to 80 fps.

I don't have any clue how to improve that - everything else seems to work pretty good.
Any help would be very appreciated - maybe you or someone else can give me a hint how to fix that?

I'm still running Yosemite with the latest Nvidia web drivers - is upgrading to El Capitan the only way to get full graphics performance??

Thx anyways!

Βro think so should check your card or your power supply.
I have better score with 970 and windows.
Your own card is much stronger than my own and had to have better scores on windows me.
shows that it is something wrong in general with your card.
Fix first the score in Windows and after that we talk for the Hackint0sh.

Attachments

• osX.jpg
    osX.jpg
    669.8 KB · Views: 338
  • Win.PNG
    Win.PNG
    162.3 KB · Views: 338
First of all i want to thank all of you for encouraging me to install El Capitan on mine hackintosh.

I will open thread about mine instilling process but first of all i need some help to make it perfect.

Components:
Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UD7 WiFi
Processor: Intel i7 5820k
Processor Cooler: CM Hyper 212Evo
PSU: Thermaltake 730w Smart Modular
Graphics: Vapor-X R9 280x
RAM: 2x8GB Kingstone HyperX Furry Black
Case: Thermaltake S71 Full Tower
HDDs: WD 2TB, 2xWD 1TB, WD 500GB and some more but i don't have SSDs
Sound Card: Motu Ultralite MK3

I use hackintosh primary for audio production in Logic Pro.

I followed posts of members: lokicat ; nmano ; moviemakergr ; kduverney ; malki

I used Lokicat's directions and kext's, config.plist and ssdt.aml files.

Installed fine with other boot flags and overcloking is working, only my temperatures was not so great for my taste so i leaved cosmetics of 4.3GHz and set clock to fabric 3.3Ghz. In overcloked mode idle was about 45C-49C but on Load 75C-82C. Without temps are idle 32C-35C and load 52C-59C.

So far only problem that i have is USB ports. They work but strangely. I have external HDD 3.5" in case that is usb3.0 and it is only working in usb2.0. Mine sound card is usb2.0 and it is working in usb2.0. Problem is that i have random power loss(i think that is) and it results like removed external HDD and reseted USB audio. Sometimes usb port stop working and reenable itself.

And motherboard WiFi isn't working.

Here's some pictures and thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 2.08.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 2.08.52 AM.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 388
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 2.08.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 2.08.59 AM.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 345
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 2.09.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 2.09.06 AM.png
    108 KB · Views: 402
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 2.09.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 2.09.24 AM.png
    93 KB · Views: 360
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 2.09.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 2.09.30 AM.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 336
I've brought to life my build:

MB: GA-X99-UD4
CPU: 5820K (NO OVERCLOCKING)
RAM: KINGSTON HYPERX FURY 4x8 GB DDR4RAM 2133 MHz
Corsair 500R
GPU: GTX 960 4GB
SSD: 850 EVO 256 GB
AUDIO: RME FIREFACE UFX
SMBIOS: MacPro 3,1
Power supply: CORSAIR 750 RMi

I've bought a pci-e card from Manhattan PCI-E 2xFIREWIRE 400 (with TI Chipset)

The installation went with not much of a deal.

I have few issues, someone could suggest what did i miss during the installation:
- mouse - no matter if it's usb or via bluetooth, the mouse is jumping, i didn't find any solution for this. Sometimes it works fluently, sometime's it doesn't
- rme ufx - when connected to the pci-e firewire card it goest crazy, so right now i moved to usb connection and so far working with no further glitches. Maybe this FW Card is not good?

With no overclock my speed is on the GB was something about 17500-18000.

Is there a chance of solving this USB Issue?

Thx anyways!

For OSX, Cinebench is not a good benchmark to use, especially comparing with Windows. However, I get about 120 fps in OSX so there may be a problem with your card. Try Unigen Heaven and Valley benchmarks for much more accurate testing.

Please look over my original post as I have updated and suggest not using the patched kext method. It is not a reliable method any longer.

I've brought to life my build:

MB: GA-X99-UD4
CPU: 5820K (NO OVERCLOCKING)
RAM: KINGSTON HYPERX FURY 4x8 GB DDR4RAM 2133 MHz
Corsair 500R
GPU: GTX 960 4GB
SSD: 850 EVO 256 GB
AUDIO: RME FIREFACE UFX
SMBIOS: MacPro 3,1
Power supply: CORSAIR 750 RMi

I've bought a pci-e card from Manhattan PCI-E 2xFIREWIRE 400 (with TI Chipset)

The installation went with not much of a deal.

I have few issues, someone could suggest what did i miss during the installation:
- mouse - no matter if it's usb or via bluetooth, the mouse is jumping, i didn't find any solution for this. Sometimes it works fluently, sometime's it doesn't
- rme ufx - when connected to the pci-e firewire card it goest crazy, so right now i moved to usb connection and so far working with no further glitches. Maybe this FW Card is not good?

With no overclock my speed is on the GB was something about 17500-18000.

Is there a chance of solving this USB Issue?

What brand of mouse are you using and are you using the 3rd party drivers? I have a Logitech MX mouse and using USB transmitter and had this problem but have gotten much better control by doing the following:

1) Install latest drivers
2) If the drivers include a configuration menu, then I set the native mouse config options in System Preferences to 100% speed and 100% scrolling. I then use the Logitech configuration app to set the mouse speed to what I want.

I still get occasional lag but this seems to be a common issue even with real macs according to the Logitech support forums. It all started with 10.10.5 and will likely require another driver update.

What brand of mouse are you using and are you using the 3rd party drivers? I have a Logitech MX mouse and using USB transmitter and had this problem but have gotten much better control by doing the following:

1) Install latest drivers
2) If the drivers include a configuration menu, then I set the native mouse config options in System Preferences to 100% speed and 100% scrolling. I then use the Logitech configuration app to set the mouse speed to what I want.

I still get occasional lag but this seems to be a common issue even with real macs according to the Logitech support forums. It all started with 10.10.5 and will likely require another driver update.

Thanks Lokicat for the fast answer

I've used Magic Mouse and had this problem, right now I'm using Logitech M325 mouse and also had this problem. Any confirmed/working pci-e firewire card?

Did you updated to 10.11.3 on your setup with no problem ?

Thanks Lokicat for the fast answer

I've used Magic Mouse and had this problem, right now I'm using Logitech M325 mouse and also had this problem. Any confirmed/working pci-e firewire card?

Did you updated to 10.11.3 on your setup with no problem ?

Sorry but don't have any experience with firewire cards.

For your mouse, the other possibility is that your wireless or BT dongle is too close to an active USB 3.0 device. It's a known issue that USB 3.0 devices and cables emits frequencies that can disrupt 2.4 Mhz wireless devices if not shielded properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back