Contribute
Register

Good news for x99 10.11 [Haswell E - El Capitan]

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way I am having trouble shutting down my computer in 10.11.2.

The only way I can get it to shut down is by force quitting finder right before pressing shut down. Otherwise everything will dissapear except the dock and I cannot do anything except a hard reboot by pressing the button on the computer.

It's not a big deal to force quit finder. But if there's a way to get it working without that problem, that would be great to know!

Thanks,
Malki

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I have just read this whole thread. Where are we at in-terms of the 5930K? I am planning on upgrading my system slowly through out 2016, I say slowly because the upgrades total ab $4000AUD, the 5930K is part of these upgrades. Are we getting full speedsteps? Are we getting 100% performance with GB numbers showing? What is happening in terms of PM? The 5930K isn't going to be for awhile but if someone could give me a quick summary of where everything stands right now, that would be much appreciated. Is there likely to be any more advances from this point on? The motherboard I am planing to use is the Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3P.

Thanks

None of the devices plugged in are usb 3.0 devices (I really don't have any right now) is it supposed to look like that?

Great to hear you are getting there! Yes, that looks correct. Your USB 3.0 controller will have both 2.0 and 3.0 hubs showing so it can be confusing. A 2.0 device should never appear on the 3.0 hub. However a 3.0 device can appear on a 2.0 hub since it is backwards compatible.

Great to hear you are getting there! Yes, that looks correct. Your USB 3.0 controller will have both 2.0 and 3.0 hubs showing so it can be confusing. A 2.0 device should never appear on the 3.0 hub. However a 3.0 device can appear on a 2.0 hub since it is backwards compatible.

ok. Thanks for the reply! Looks like I have this system up and running then, mostly thanks to you!!!! Thanks for posting your files I made an el capitan install guide based on your information and my experience getting it installed for the x99 ud4.

Here is the link:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...capitan-10-11-2-clover-guide-100-working.html

I will update it and write that usb 3.0 is actually working (didn't know that) so thank you. The only thing is the shutdown issue, still can't figure that out. Happened after I installed my "Hd Native Drivers" for Pro Tools HD (A music recording program, requires an interface). I think they conflict with something in osx, and not sure why. But other than that, computer runs great, havent had a reboot yet in El capitan I used it for about 5 hrs yesterday, smoooth!!!!!

Hmm, using lokicat's config.plist on Gigabyte X99-UD5 H shows the same thing -- no devices under USB 3.0. I can confirm that my USB 3.0 Hub does not work. I was able to get it working by only adding FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, and USBInjectAll.kext-- however this breaks the built-in bluetooth.

Screen Shot 2016-01-16 at 6.40.32 AM.png

If anyone has working USB 3.0 on the X99-UD5 H could you please share your config.plist and kexts folder?

There's a very real problem with the X99 bios (regardless of board manufacturer), OsxAptioFix, and memory management... I've seen Slice comment various times this won't be fixed until they find a developer capable of rewriting OsxAptioFix... I have only one slot that will work without the same problem regardless of what pci-e card I test. You might be forced back to Yosemite or maybe test the latest Chameleon...

EDIT: Opps, missed the fact you where already testing with Yos... Guess it's Chameleon testing now... Could try Clover legacy but I've never got legacy to boot X99.

UGH... I guess I'll just have to stay with Yosemite a while longer. My X99 build seems to be working just fine (it appears) under Yosemite 10.10.5, including the TB card. I wonder what it is about the whole OsxAptioFix thing that *does* work under 10.10, but makes my system a paper-weight under 10.11?

I may have to do some forum searches to see if there is some way to "migrate" my existing 10.10.5 Chameleon (MultiBeast)-based build that IS working to Clover to see if my working system will also work under Clover. Then I **should** be able to update to EC much more easily...yes?

UGH... I guess I'll just have to stay with Yosemite a while longer. My X99 build seems to be working just fine (it appears) under Yosemite 10.10.5, including the TB card. I wonder what it is about the whole OsxAptioFix thing that *does* work under 10.10, but makes my system a paper-weight under 10.11?

I may have to do some forum searches to see if there is some way to "migrate" my existing 10.10.5 Chameleon (MultiBeast)-based build that IS working to Clover to see if my working system will also work under Clover. Then I **should** be able to update to EC much more easily...yes?
That may be worth the effort although the OsxAptioFix problem isn't an OS issue. I had the very same problems with Clover, Yosemite, and X99. Good luck with it, yet from what I've read it appears it's going to take a dev/coder to re-write OsxAptioFix... Maybe someone like Rehabman might comment on this.

To test this you only need a spare HDD/SSD and CCC + Clover installer.
1. Clone your drive
2.run Clover installer and select the UEFI install items
3. Move any DSDT/SSDT from /Extra to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched
Use Clover Configurator to create a SMBIOS in confoig.plist, then edit it to match your smbios.plist in /Extra
4. Add any boot-args you have in /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist to Clover boot-args.

You could also use http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=294 to install Clover, which gets you an already halfway cleaned up basic config.plist.

Another method to test is to make a test drive USB - http://www.tonymacx86.com/bootloaders/127134-test-drive-how-create-clover-usb.html and boot with it.

Update to EC is not necessarily easy - I have Yos working great on the X99M Killer, but it takes 5 or 6 boots to get past the "unable to allocate runtime" errors.

for the life of me i have no idea what am i doing wrong but i can not boot the mac os installer,
GA-X99-UD4 7-5820K Gigabyte GT740 OC 2GB GDDR5 can some one help me please i can boot the usb but can not get in to the installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back