Contribute
Register

Good news for x99 10.11 [Haswell E - El Capitan]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool... I'll attach a few pics of kext and UEFI drivers I'm using. Post back when it's screaming, lol...

Hmmm...a few bits & pieces in your screen grabs that I need to learn more about :) In the meantime, here is my current config:
Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 4.52.22 PM.png
...and now that I've used the OP's FakeCPUID value of 0x0306E0 (plugged into config.plist via Clover), here is the GB that I just ran:
Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 4.49.27 PM.png

I can confirm that this definitely allowed the machine to run at the clock speeds, etc. as shown. Before I changed the FakeCPUID, my initial GB score was 22300-sh.

Now...I'm doing all this testing & stuff on a spare SSD drive. My main SSD boot drive for this build has what appears to be a perfectly good working 10.10.5 install & GB scores are comparable. I'm *guessing* that there is a way i should be able to use Carbon Copy Cloner & clone over both my boot partition, as well as EFI partition. I'll dive into that next weekend... :)

PS...all of this is WITHOUT my ThunderboltII EX Dual card installed. As you recall, you suggested I pull that to do the initial install/config. Wish me luck as I shut down & plug that back in!!
:headbang:

UPDATE: ARGH!!! Put the TB card back in, and now I'm back to the OsxAptioFix black screen again! :banghead:

Try a different slot...

Try a different slot...
Unfortunately, I cannot. It's SUPPOSED to work in the slot furthest away from the CPU (according to the ASUS install instructions). But after much trial & error, another user & I discovered that it will only work in the little tiny PCIE X4 slot.

I might try moving my video card around as an alternative...??

Question for Freak....

How much has your config changed relative to your post in User Builds from when you installed Yosemite on the Gigabyte X99M?

I am considering the same board. Would be great if you could confirm the extensions you are using, SSDT and config.plist for El Capitan if they are different/updated from your User Build thread. Is there anything that still isn't working for you?

Also been looking at the Asus X99M-WS but there aren't any reports of succesfull builds in this board from what I have found.

Thanks

Hi everyone,I set the FakeCPUID to 0x0306E0 and got a kernel panic from AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement without NullCPUPowerManagement. I've tried to inject the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext under clover and got the cpu always at 4.1ghz. How could I get the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement loaded to get the CPU PM work.
My mobo is Asus X99-E WS/USB3.1 with a 5820K on it. In the bios I set the cpu overclock to 4.1ghz.

BTW: Sorry for my English.

Guys

I need some assistance i cant seem to get the El cap installer to work , i have pretty much read every thread here and over at insanely on x99 and something is wrong ..... I have tried many methods of making the installer but none of them seem to work for me ... I recently got into hackintosh again and over the weekend i made a few upgrades here an there and had a spare SSD so i was able to get 10.10.5 working using rampages dev method.... Of course then i decided to go and shoot for el capitan ohhh boy what a mistake but now its stuck in my head and i need to get it to work :)

So let me guide you throught my procedure maybe you can spot the mistake since many on this thread have had sucess using the same cpu and Asus motherboards... First things first i have an overclock of 4.6 on my system completely stable tested in windows i dont know if this is the culprit or not but i just want to mention it ....

Step 1 Bios adjustments:

Advanced > USB Configuration > …
Intel xHCI Mode = Auto
xHCI Legacy Support = Enabled
EHCI Legacy Support = Enabled
xHCI Hand-off = Enabled
EHCI Hand-off = Enabled

BOOT > …
Fast Boot = Disabled
Secure Boot = Other OS
Key Management = Clear Secure Boot Keys

Step 2 Making the installer

So yeah after many many tries and config.plists i have come close to get the installer to work but not quite there yet. The method that came pretty close was to make the installer using the terminal command to create the installer and then using clover to install with the rampage devs kexts and SSDT plus the config.plist of lokicat on post # 41 of this thread... Of course nv_disable=1 verbose and changed the smbios to Macpro 5,1 i can work with the 6,1 later i want to be able to boot and make the install first...

Step 3
I boot override to the USB and used a USB2.0 port of the front pannel in my case so i can discard a USB 3.0 issue ... then the boot takes about 8 minutes rhough all of the stuff i am no expert but i can see a couple of errors(some sound assertion errors ans stuff) but no KP and then bam a blank screen like it wants to load the installer but nothing happens i have waited out maybe 30 mins and nothing happens.....

Now

1.-
Is there a way to extract the installer log ?? I know that probably not but i want to ask since having that might give me the key of what is going on ....

2.- I am tempted to go and make a linux drive so i can extract de DSDT and SSDT to check if that may help me get through the installation ... thoughts ??

3.- Users with Asus motherboards do you think i missed something in the bios settings ????

4.- I would love to troubleshoot the old way and use different GPUs and stuff to see if the hardware is the culprit here but this system is hard tubed and moving stuff is pretty much out of the question

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks guys

hi, sory my english is very bad

my config i7 5820k x99ud4 2x samsung 850 250gb gtx 660 16gb ram
my kext.pngusb30.png

on board sound (Toleda) ok, nvidia gtx660 ok, cpu ok, hdmi sound ok. everything is perfect but usb 3.0 :( wrong.
what is problem don't understand

Try a different slot...

Quick follow-up: I've tried the ThunderboltII EX/Dual card in EVERY single slot on the board. The only one it works in is the little PCIeX4 slot. It appears the ASSU X99DELUXE has that slot share an IRQ with the #5 PCIeX16 slot (which is the one that all the images and the user guide show as the slot to use when installing). I even tried disabling the X4 slot and forcing the #5 slot to run at 4X. And as a troubleshooting bonus, I also tried a different video card, too! (I was using EVGA GeForce GTX970, but also tried with EVGA GeForce GT 740 SC that I had laying around. Again, a no-go. Btw, all of this was with my working 10.10.5 build.

Once I confirmed that the TB card only works in the X4 slot, I swapped out my Yosemite SSD for my working EC SSD drive (well, working EXCEPT for the TB card). Once again, I get the dreaded OsxAptioFix error message...

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Quick follow-up: I've tried the ThunderboltII EX/Dual card in EVERY single slot on the board. The only one it works in is the little PCIeX4 slot. It appears the ASSU X99DELUXE has that slot share an IRQ with the #5 PCIeX16 slot (which is the one that all the images and the user guide show as the slot to use when installing). I even tried disabling the X4 slot and forcing the #5 slot to run at 4X. And as a troubleshooting bonus, I also tried a different video card, too! (I was using EVGA GeForce GTX970, but also tried with EVGA GeForce GT 740 SC that I had laying around. Again, a no-go. Btw, all of this was with my working 10.10.5 build.

Once I confirmed that the TB card only works in the X4 slot, I swapped out my Yosemite SSD for my working EC SSD drive (well, working EXCEPT for the TB card). Once again, I get the dreaded OsxAptioFix error message...

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
There's a very real problem with the X99 bios (regardless of board manufacturer), OsxAptioFix, and memory management... I've seen Slice comment various times this won't be fixed until they find a developer capable of rewriting OsxAptioFix... I have only one slot that will work without the same problem regardless of what pci-e card I test. You might be forced back to Yosemite or maybe test the latest Chameleon...

EDIT: Opps, missed the fact you where already testing with Yos... Guess it's Chameleon testing now... Could try Clover legacy but I've never got legacy to boot X99.

Sure, here is my USB report:

View attachment 170993

Thank you LokiCat! I actually have a mostly working Install of El Capitan right now!!!! Please check my photo (at bottom) and see if my USB 3.0 looks like it's working right. None of the devices plugged in are usb 3.0 devices (I really don't have any right now) is it supposed to look like that?

Heres some Good News! Check This:

My last audio guide may not have worked because I did a reinstall of el capitan and it didn't work.

I have now enabled Audio for El Capitan 10.11.2 on the X99 Ud4 Motherboard!!!! 100% Working thanks to Toleda.

Here is my guide (toleda's guide easier to understand, you said you couldn't figure it out, so here):
1. Copy My attatched AppleHDA.Kext (in zip file) to /system/library/extensions/ (This is the kext from the original mavericks 10.9.5 installer)
2. Download Multibeast for Mavericks Here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=255
3. Install Realtek ALC 1150 audio from that version of multibeast
4. Download Toleda's ssdt from here: https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection/blob/master/ssdt_hdef/ssdt_hdef-1-x99_alza.zip and copy it to /Clover/ACPI/Patched in your efi partition. if an ssdt is already present rename it to ssdt-1.aml if there is no ssdt then just call it ssdt.aml. if there is already an ssdt.aml and ssdt-1.aml name it to ssdt-2.aml (leave no spaces between ssdt's) (it is explained in the guide file downloaded from that link)
5. Restart
6. Use audio_alc_x99-hda-100_patch.command (In zip file attatched) (efi partition may need to be mounted, idk if mine was).
7. Restart
8. Audio works now (Really works!)

Thank you Toleda

Attachments

• imageedit_2_8048092801.png
    imageedit_2_8048092801.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 174
  • Working_Audio_x99_10.11.2.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back