Contribute
Register

Good news for x99 10.11 [Haswell E - El Capitan]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news for x99 10.11

Are you saying it will not work on a 5960X? That's exactly my other setup where I have poorer performance than my sig system. I'll try anyway. If any of you know where to get the info on why it's possible or not, please do tell me.

Thank you

Ask netkas I thing he will fix 5960x
http://netkas.org

Good news for x99 10.11

Are you saying it will not work on a 5960X? That's exactly my other setup where I have poorer performance than my sig system. I'll try anyway. If any of you know where to get the info on why it's possible or not, please do tell me.

Thank you

Correct. El Capitan does not currently work with the 5960X.

/ gx

Good news for x99 10.11

J can confirm full success on Gigabyte X99 UD4 and OS X 10.11.2 . Processor i7-5820K work very stable on
core ratio x46 . Geekbench about 28 K ! In Bios J set only core ratio to x46 (X47 is too high geekbench passed but Cinebench no) - no more other settings.
Sound work too thanks to VooDoo 2.87. Five ports USB 3.0 with full speed. Sleep and HDMI audio OK. J set mac definition to iMac 14.2. Mac definition MacPro6.1 is problematic because my GTX 960 don't work correctly. J think that on i7-5930K geekbench will be over 30K...This fake CPU ID is awesome !

Good news for x99 10.11

J can confirm full success on Gigabyte X99 UD4 and OS X 10.11.2 . Processor i7-5820K work very stable on
core ratio x46 . Geekbench about 28 K ! In Bios J set only core ratio to x46 (X47 is too high geekbench passed but Cinebench no) - no more other settings.
Sound work too thanks to VooDoo 2.87. Five ports USB 3.0 with full speed. Sleep and HDMI audio OK. J set mac definition to iMac 14.2. Mac definition MacPro6.1 is problematic because my GTX 960 don't work correctly. J think that on i7-5930K geekbench will be over 30K...This fake CPU ID is awesome !

What's your issue with the GTX960 on 6,1? Blank screen after boot?

/ gx

Good news for x99 10.11

Is problem with AppleGraphics Control.kext which is necessary with GTX and MacPro 6.1 definitions. On 10.11.2 nvidia webdriver don't work with this settings. Graphics card was very slow. Change to iMac 14.2 and problem dissappear.

Good news for x99 10.11

Is problem with AppleGraphics Control.kext which is necessary with GTX and MacPro 6.1 definitions. On 10.11.2 nvidia webdriver don't work with this settings. Graphics card was very slow. Change to iMac 14.2 and problem dissappear.

This is most likely due to the web driver not loading at all. I had the same issue with Mac Pro 6,1 when I used the patched kext to prevent the monitor to disconnect at boot. I restored the original kext and then manually changed the configuration as outlined in #4 in the thread below:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html

That solved the problem and get full graphics acceleration. However, you seem to have all the USB ports working correctly by using the iMac 14,2 definition so you may want to stick with that. What did you do to get all the 3.0 ports to go to full speed?

Good news for x99 10.11

Have to agree with lokicat... And all this "jerking around" with AppleGraphicsControl.kext just to display MacPro6,1 in "About This Mac" is nonsense. It has NO effect on performance and requires being re-patched after every update. It might be a different story if Apple actually used a Haswell-E, but since they don't this is all a waste of time...

Test yourself: iMac14,2 - MacPro3,1 - MacPro5,1 - MacPro6,1 won't yield a sliver of difference.

Good news for x99 10.11

USB3 Full Supported 10.11.2

dsdt setting

EHC1 to EH01
EHC2 to EH02
XHCI to XHC

Kexts
USB_Injector x99.kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FakePCIID.kext
Set to clover port limit patch

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Change 15 Port Limit To 30 in XHCI Kext (99-series)</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g72M/v//EA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g72M/v//Hw==
</data>
</dict>

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    29 KB · Views: 201
Good news for x99 10.11

USB3 Full Supported 10.11.2

dsdt setting

EHC1 to EH01
EHC2 to EH02
XHCI to XHC

Kexts
USB_Injector x99.kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FakePCIID.kext
Set to clover port limit patch

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g72M/v//EA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g72M/v//Hw==
</data>
</dict>

Yes, confirmed that this works on a Gigabyte UD4 board and all ports working at the correct speed.

Good news for x99 10.11

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g72M/v//EA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g72M/v//Hw==
</data>
</dict>

Sorry for the stupid question. What to do with this piece of text?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back