Contribute
Register

Good news for x99 10.11 [Haswell E - El Capitan]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news for x99 10.11

hi
i managed for the ram slots but im trying to make it visible as mac pro 6.1 like yours but when i set it in clover config the machine switches off after loading i added the plist for you to check

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 285
Good news for x99 10.11

hi
i managed for the ram slots but im trying to make it visible as mac pro 6.1 like yours but when i set it in clover config the machine switches off after loading i added the plist for you to check

Try this

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 202
Good news for x99 10.11

thx ram is good now but i if you can help me a bit more about to show as mac pro 6 instead of imac

:)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 9.52.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 9.52.50 PM.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 339
Good news for x99 10.11

Same here. When I use Macpro 6,1 my screen goes black after restarts. Using 5,1 as of now. Any tips? Thanks

Good news for x99 10.11

guys, very great news in this thread.
what about usb3 issue? how did you solve it? a part from using other pci express cards with fresco chipset i mean

Good news for x99 10.11

Here are my settings.

Clover Boot config (UEFI)
View attachment 162833View attachment 162833

Kexts
View attachment 162834

Files for config.plist, kexts, and ssdt.aml (overclocking) attached below.

Some more notes
  • Please use the random generation function of Clover Configurator to make your own unique SMBIOS values.
  • Example config.plist has a random generated Mac Pro 6,1 but is for illustrative purposes only. Please generate your own.
  • As is, iMessage will not work so you will need to fill out more IDs by following the iMessage guide.
  • Example config.plist is for Fake CPU ID is set for i7-5820K, you can see other values in this thread. This is a critical step in order to have stable operation and performance.
  • Example config.plist is for GPU settings are for nvidia and native OSX drivers.
  • Motherboard BIOS settings of note
    • AHCI enabled
    • UEFI enabled
    • XHCI set to Smart Auto
    • XHCI/EHCI handoff disabled
  • Still not working for me
    • All USB ports are working but only at 2.0 speeds
    • I have not tried to configure sound, but I don't use onboard sound anyway

Thanks Lokicat

if smbios = mac pro 6,1 black screen
if mac pro 3,1 or 14,2 boot ok

i have x99 ud5 wifi and Gtx 780 evga

Good news for x99 10.11

Have any of you been able to figure out sleep yet for El Capitan? Last I heard it was not working/supported quite yet. I actually just got my x99-Gaming5P and 5930k to install El Capitan 10.10.1 and its looking stable except when it tries to sleep it just restarts the computer. Perhaps trying the betas would help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back