Contribute
Register

Good news for x99 10.11 [Haswell E - El Capitan]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news for x99 10.11

Big props to all the folks who contributed to my build - nmano, rehabman, pikeralpha, kduvernay

Here are my settings.

Clover Boot config (UEFI)
clover2.pngclover3.png

Files for config.plist, kexts, and ssdt.aml (overclocking) attached below.

Whether you are doing a fresh install or a direct upgrade, if you have an nVidia graphics card and using Mac Pro 6,1 SMBIOS, you have to patch the AppleGraphicsControl.kext or you display will turn off during boot:

1) Boot with nv_disable=1
2) Manually patch AppleGraphicsControl.kext by applying fix #4 in the following post:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ver-install-loading-problems.html#post1016777

3) Remove nv_disable=1

4) Reboot

The above is the manual method that is required with each OSX patch/update.

Some more notes
  • Please use the random generation function of Clover Configurator to make your own unique SMBIOS values.
  • Example config.plist has a random generated Mac Pro 6,1 but is for illustrative purposes only. Please generate your own.
  • As is, iMessage will not work so you will need to fill out more IDs by following the iMessage guide.
  • Example config.plist is for Fake CPU ID is set for i7-5820K, you can see other values in this thread. This is a critical step in order to have stable operation and performance.
  • Example config.plist is for GPU settings are for nvidia web drivers.
  • Motherboard BIOS settings of note
    • AHCI enabled
    • UEFI enabled
    • XHCI set to Smart Auto
    • XHCI/EHCI handoff enabled
  • Sound
    • Use latest Voodoo HDA http://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/
    • Install pkg and reboot
    • I found that the input gain is set way too high for my speakers and headphones which results in loud static. I lowered the gain, but with each reboot the gain would go back to default. Here is how I got around it:
      • Add voodoohdasettingsloader to your startup. It is located in your apps folder.
      • Find VoodooHDA.kext and open the package and locate the info.plist. Open and look for input sensitivity. It will be set to 90 so change it to what you think works for you. I set mine to 5.
      • To make sure you get sufficient volume output open up the Voodoo configurator in System Preferences. There are two drop down options on the left hand side. On the bottom one, there are 2 options. Check out each of those and one of them should let you change both Input Gain and PCM level. Make sure PCM level is near maximum. This should allow you to minimize input gain and get good volume output.
  • USB 3.0
    • My sample config for USB fix was applied after initial install so you may want to remove the patches and kexts until after initial installation. Your USB 2.0 ports should work without any mods needed.
    • The USB configuration is specific to Gigabyte boards so other brands may or may not work.
    • In my sample config.plist there are 3 DSDT patches and 1 kext injection related to USB 3.0. Just make sure you add those. If you want to see the hex values, load my sample config.plist in Clover Configurator.
    • Add the USB and PCI kexts that are in my kext zip file

11/27/15 Edit - Changed XHCI/EHCI Handoff to "Enabled" in BIOS. This does not change anything regarding USB ports in 10.11.1, but I occasionally got a random reboot at the login screen and I noticed my DAC was trying to connect when this happened. Changing this BIOS setting to Enabled appears to have fixed this problem.

12/17/15 Edit - Added USB 3.0 fix, added sound fix, corrected display port kext patch that is no longer compatible with 10.11.2. Updated sample config.plist and kexts.

1/4/16 Edit - Clarified Audio and USB 3.0 fixes.

1/8/16 Edit - Long overdue acknowledgements and added a permanent fix to blank screen for Mac 6,1

1/24/16 Edit - Kext patch for blank screen no longer works. Manual fix as outlined above is the only solution for now.

Attachments

• ssdt.aml
    2.6 KB · Views: 3,075
  • config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 3,525
  • kexts.zip
    256.1 KB · Views: 3,571
Good news for x99 10.11

Realy Good news. :)

i m with Asus x99 pro and 5820k on 4.2GHz
i run EL_Capitan 10.11.3 Beta 3
the only issue is to running always on 42x i try to extract my own SSDT for that.
That is my score.

UpDate > The SSDT not solve my prob.. any ideas accepted :)

Attachments

• Record.jpg
    Record.jpg
    883.7 KB · Views: 723
Good news for x99 10.11

when your CPU runs permanent on 4.2 GHZ, you must activate Bios PM.

Enable oder Auto C1, C3, C6/7 and EIST.

With this workaround kernel PM ist not enabled! We have only Bios PM on 5920k/5930k.

This CPUs are not supported by Mac OS kernel PM.

Good news for x99 10.11

when your CPU runs permanent on 4.2 GHZ, you must activate Bios PM.

Enable oder Auto C1, C3, C6/7 and EIST.

With this workaround kernel PM ist not enabled! We have only Bios PM on 5920k/5930k.

This CPUs are not supported by Mac OS kernel PM.

A BIG Thank you bro .. u drive my mind on the right Way :)
Now all is perfect..

Attachments

• New.jpg
    New.jpg
    603.4 KB · Views: 720
Good news for x99 10.11

I have X99 gaming G1 wifi
I just add to config FakeCPUID 0x0306E0 (Ivy Bridge) to Haswell .Now AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext loaded.Now I can overclock 4.0Ghz too.

Hi I noteced only 32gb ram is showing from my 64gb installed do this means i loose the other 32 ram performance ?

Good news for x99 10.11

Hi I noteced only 32gb ram is showing from my 64gb installed do this means i loose the other 32 ram performance ?

Remove memory/inject yours

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 11.35.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 11.35.00 AM.png
    209.7 KB · Views: 689
Good news for x99 10.11

Thx for FakeCPUID 0x0306E0

My P-States

Nov 15 22:12:49 localhost kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 45 ]
Nov 15 22:12:54 iMac kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 12 45 ]

overlocked to 4,6

How to test P-States