Contribute
Register

Good news for x99 10.11 [Haswell E - El Capitan]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious as to how you're getting your speed-stepping working. I have 5930 (same CPU as you), but on ASUS X99DELUXE board. It **appears** by most every other source that I'm OC'ing at 4.3GHz, but when I run Power Gadget, it shows a steady 3.5GHz. Any chance you'd be willing to share the SSDT.aml file that you're using to get what appears to be some power management in your screen shot?

THANKS!
--B
Hi! Hmm, if you get 3,5ghz in intel power gadget, the oc is not working on mac, dude. Here are my SSDT, you have to try different settings in bios. My hwmonitor showed 4,3ghz, but the only one right is the intel power gadget. You can try to do geekbench. When intel power gadget showed 3,5-3,7ghz, my score was 21.600, and now, with 4,3ghz, it showed 26.800 ^^. Try to change the intel turbo and eist manager in bios.

Now im having troubles with usb 3.0. In mac profile it shows everyone is usb 2.0. But, just one time, when I plugged in a USB, mac profiles showed me that it was connected in usb 3.0 port, I try to replug it and then mac profile showed usb 2.0 port again. Haha. Maybe you can help me with this.

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    2.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Captura de pantalla 2016-02-10 a las 21.23.18.png
    Captura de pantalla 2016-02-10 a las 21.23.18.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 157
Turn off dynamic clock for the OS and set fixed clock in BIOS. Whatever Mac OSX reports, doesn't matter. Use a benchmark to actually verify. For example, my Win properties report 3,5GHz, but the actual clock (also verifiable in CPUz) is 4,87GHz and benchmarks show it.
I was running Mavericks at 4,3 and benchmarks showed that just fine.

Turn off dynamic clock for the OS and set fixed clock in BIOS. Whatever Mac OSX reports, doesn't matter. Use a benchmark to actually verify. For example, my Win properties report 3,5GHz, but the actual clock (also verifiable in CPUz) is 4,87GHz and benchmarks show it.
I was running Mavericks at 4,3 and benchmarks showed that just fine.

Yes, that's right :). By the way, do you have workin usb 3.0 in your mobo? Can you help me with that? I opened a thread with my problem, maybe you can help me there :) http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/185640-some-problems-msi-x99a-sli-plus-10-11-3-a.html

Thank you.

Hi! Hmm, if you get 3,5ghz in intel power gadget, the oc is not working on mac, dude. Here are my SSDT, you have to try different settings in bios. My hwmonitor showed 4,3ghz, but the only one right is the intel power gadget. You can try to do geekbench. When intel power gadget showed 3,5-3,7ghz, my score was 21.600, and now, with 4,3ghz, it showed 26.800 ^^. Try to change the intel turbo and eist manager in bios.

BIOS is showing OC'd at 4.3GHz... GeekBench is showing 4.3GHz... but for some reason PG is only showing steady 3.5GHz on the graph (which, BTW, is the top of the vertical axis...it caps out at 3.5GHz). Turbo is ON in BIOS, too. My GB score is ~26,800, so performance-wise it matches what others are getting with OC enabled. So that's why I'm still scratching my head. I'm wondering if it may be an issue with ASUS + Power Gadget?

Thanks for SSDT.aml - I'll give that a try this weekend...

BIOS is showing OC'd at 4.3GHz... GeekBench is showing 4.3GHz... but for some reason PG is only showing steady 3.5GHz on the graph (which, BTW, is the top of the vertical axis...it caps out at 3.5GHz). Turbo is ON in BIOS, too. My GB score is ~26,800, so performance-wise it matches what others are getting with OC enabled. So that's why I'm still scratching my head. I'm wondering if it may be an issue with ASUS + Power Gadget?

Thanks for SSDT.aml - I'll give that a try this weekend...

If GB score is 26.000+, everything is OK, don't worry. Now I need help with usb 3.0 problema. Im trying to compile my own DSDT extracted with clover and with some patches and I just get compile error "7202, 4007, Field offset is in bits, but a byte offset is required". Aff I really need help. I'm trying to do what this guide says, following patches:

# Rename DSDT USB devices for OSX 10.11 support (remember to use injector with this)
into device label EHC1 set_label begin EH01 end;
into device label EHC2 set_label begin EH02 end;
into device label XHC1 set_label begin XH01 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC1 replaceall_matched begin EH01 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC2 replaceall_matched begin EH02 end;
into_all all code_regex XHC1 replaceall_matched begin XH01 end;

If GB score is 26.000+, everything is OK, don't worry. Now I need help with usb 3.0 problema. Im trying to compile my own DSDT extracted with clover and with some patches and I just get compile error "7202, 4007, Field offset is in bits, but a byte offset is required". Aff I really need help. I'm trying to do what this guide says, following patches:

# Rename DSDT USB devices for OSX 10.11 support (remember to use injector with this)
into device label EHC1 set_label begin EH01 end;
into device label EHC2 set_label begin EH02 end;
into device label XHC1 set_label begin XH01 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC1 replaceall_matched begin EH01 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC2 replaceall_matched begin EH02 end;
into_all all code_regex XHC1 replaceall_matched begin XH01 end;

Back on this post, shremi zipped up his Clover EFI folder for me and said that he pretty much got everything working on his build (including USB). I simply used pretty much all the goodies in his EFI folder + also adding the other OsxAptio fix to the kexts folder. You might want to check out the kexts that he's using as well as how his config.plist looks. Maybe that will help in your situation.

As a follow-up to whether or not my OC is working, here is what GeekBench is reporting, and also what Power Gadget shows when I'm running Geekbench. Personally, I think the only thing that PG is accurately reporting in my situation is CPU temp.
Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 3.48.48 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 3.50.42 PM.png
...and my System Report showing working USB3:
Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 3.59.51 PM.png

Back on this post, shremi zipped up his Clover EFI folder for me and said that he pretty much got everything working on his build (including USB). I simply used pretty much all the goodies in his EFI folder + also adding the other OsxAptio fix to the kexts folder. You might want to check out the kexts that he's using as well as how his config.plist looks. Maybe that will help in your situation.

As a follow-up to whether or not my OC is working, here is what GeekBench is reporting, and also what Power Gadget shows when I'm running Geekbench. Personally, I think the only thing that PG is accurately reporting in my situation is CPU temp.
View attachment 176593 View attachment 176594
...and my System Report showing working USB3:
View attachment 176595

Yeah!! Usb 3.0 work now!! Thank you man!

About your PG, yes, it seems to be crazy, haha, but the GB score is really good, like mine. Just don't worry, I think PG is not working good with ur mobo or something.

@BoomR.....

Did you just add the test2.efi as suggested by Woodhams?

Here are the drivers you should load into your /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI boot drive.
• Test2.efi
• OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
• EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
• HFSPlus.efi
• OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
• FSInject-64.efi

Or did you use another OsxAptio fix?

Hey

Big thanks to you guys, my x99 system is a super stable video production system.
Just one thing : can you or can you not achieve 'complex' speed stepping in 10.11.2 with a x99 CPU ?
My 5820 only has 3 steps. Does it matter for performance or health ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back