Contribute
Register

Good news for Haswell and IvyBridge HD4000 and HD5000 IGPUs

Ivy bridge might still have another breathe of life with Ventura….. it’s coming…….From “the alter” of opencore….
F611895E-08B2-46AC-ABF7-66E7F2C61F85.jpeg

Last edited:
You mean from the author of Opencore ? OpenCore is mainly built and maintained by the Acidanthera devs.
I was just being figurative ;)…. I thought Mykola plays a major role not only with OCLP, but also opencore in general…. That’s incorrect?

That’s incorrect?
He used to work on the Dortania guide for OpenCore, not primarily OpenCore development. Now he's mostly focused on OCLP exclusively. Patching older Macs so they can run the latest macOS. That's what I decipher from reading what I can online.

The primary developer of OpenCore is vit9696. Along with PMheart, dhinakg and vandroiy2013.

Last edited:
There are tons of reports now on macrumors of people getting Ventura up and running on ivy bridge macs with the hd4000 graphics patched via Opencore legacy patcher….. The OCLP developers have seemed to figure out the avx2.0 issue on legacy metal macs.

I got Monterey booting well and running well on an Optiplex 7010 with only hd 4000, using opencore legacy patcher. Later this winter, I’m going to try the Optiplex 7010 with Monterey as a daily driver, at which point I’ll probably experiment with Ventura too.

the Optiplex 7010 (ivy bridge hd 4000) didn’t seem to take a big performance hit with Monterey and patched graphics…. I’ve got two ivy bridge macbook pros that run Monterey great with OCLP. the early reports on macrumors suggest that legacy metal patched via OCLP doesn’t cause a major performance decline with Ventura, so it will be interesting to try and see what it is like on a Optiplex 7010 later this year / early next year.

Awesome, would you share your EFI for the hd4000 machine? Curious to look at it. :)

You only need to use OCLP for it. This the way for my Orginal macMini6,1

Step 1 = Select Settings / The SMBIOS that you need. ( I use macMini6,1 )
Step 2 = Activate the Allow native models Option and try yes and yes to confirm
Step 3 = Open the SMBIOS SETTINGS menu and activate the ALLOW NATIVES SPOOFS
Step 4 = Than you can build the efi
Step 5 = I use this boot args : keepsyms=1
debug=0x100
-lilubetaall
ipc_control_port_options=0
-revasset
amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1
-no-compat-check

Info: I use the last bootarg because I use the original macMini6,1 smbios Board Infos... with this booting you can use all smbios models for macOS Ventura

Step 6 = Install macOS Ventura
Step 7 = Kopie the EFI from USB to your SSD EFI Partition, or use the OCLP APP / STEP 1 - Step 5 again
Step 7 = Use Legacy Patcher App in Ventura and try the Option POST INSTALL ROOT PATCH and reboot

Thats all

sample config in attachment.... but I have change the board info to Mac-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Attachments

• macMini6,1 HD4000 sample config.plist
    32.1 KB · Views: 171
  • Bildschirm­foto 2022-10-22 um 08.20.44.png
    Bildschirm­foto 2022-10-22 um 08.20.44.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Back