Contribute
Register

Good natively supported graphics card with displayport?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H v1.0 (ML)
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
NVidia 650Ti Boost
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm looking for a natively supported graphics card (presumably 600 series) with displayport so I can run 2560x1440 resolution. I understand this isn't possible on DVI from the HD4000. Not into gaming just need more real estate for music applications to use on a 27" monitor.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Cheapest possible really.

I'm looking for a natively supported graphics card (presumably 600 series) with displayport so I can run 2560x1440 resolution. I understand this isn't possible on DVI from the HD4000.
On Newegg, the cheapest Nvidia 6xx with DP is the GTX 660 at $219. There are 17 ATX motherboards with DP that are less expensive than adding a graphics card you may not need.

Thanks, I think I'll make do it until they get a bit older then. I want to stick with Gigabyte as they appear to be natively supported and I dont see the point in paying for 3 empty PCI-e slots!

I've found a couple of cheap GeForce 400 series, are they natively supported?

Thanks, I think I'll make do it until they get a bit older then. I want to stick with Gigabyte as they appear to be natively supported and I dont see the point in paying for 3 empty PCI-e slots!

I've found a couple of cheap GeForce 400 series, are they natively supported?
There are several Gigabyte motherboards with DP that are much cheaper than the 660.
Nvidia 4xx; natively supported (some with a freeze problem), no DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back