Contribute
Register

Good GPU -- $150 PowerColor RED DRAGON Radeon RX 570 DirectX 12 AXRX 570 8GBD5-3DHD/OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X299 Designare EX
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It's not a Vega, but initial testing with Valley shows it to perform better than my MSI RX580 and it is quiet. I bought this on black Friday for $150 from NewEgg. Finally getting a chance to test it out on a Z370 ASRock based system with Mojave installed. Reminder: Anything less than a Vega should only be used on motherboards with an iGPU.

It's not a Vega, but initial testing with Valley shows it to perform better than my MSI RX580 and it is quiet. I bought this on black Friday for $150 from NewEgg. Finally getting a chance to test it out on a Z370 ASRock based system with Mojave installed. Reminder: Anything less than a Vega should only be used on motherboards with an iGPU.
it's been a while, but do you still recommend this GPU?
thx

it's been a while, but do you still recommend this GPU?
thx

I still use it so yes. I have been out of the Tonymac game for a while. Just came back because I need to upgrade my X299 18 core server. I have had it turned off all summer. Need to get it going again.

Hi Macs-forever

I did a search about the AMD Radeon RX 570 4gbD5-3DHD/OC and I see that you used it two years ago.
I'm building my new hackintosh, I work with audio and not need of an advanced video card. Does RX 570 work fine? Some incompatibioity with macOS?

Thanks in advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back