Contribute
Register

good choice on storage for catalina/big sur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z490-E-OC0.8.4
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hey guys, i'm putting together a hackintosh shopping list, and am looking for a good choice on storage. the dortania guide says that phison-based controllers like sabrent rocket are the way to go, but i see many builds with the samsung 970 evo plus, which was going to be my pick. can anyone help clarify? Thanks.

Been using a 980 EVO for a while now with no issues. had a 970 EVO before that. apparently "EVO Plus" models have had issues with macOS, so avoid those.

I've had good longevity with Samsung (even have some 10+ year old HDD's still going). The 980 M2 is the best deal for the money although currently they are up about $20... usually 1TB is about $109USD. The prices fluctuate by the week.

Last edited:
Been using a 980 EVO for a while now with no issues. had a 970 EVO before that. apparently "EVO Plus" models have had issues with macOS, so avoid those.
I have a 970 Evo Plus is that a redevelopment because that was fixed a while ago and mine works just fine.

hey guys, i'm putting together a hackintosh shopping list, and am looking for a good choice on storage. the dortania guide says that phison-based controllers like sabrent rocket are the way to go, but i see many builds with the samsung 970 evo plus, which was going to be my pick. can anyone help clarify? Thanks.
As noted I have a 970 Evo Plus but I also have WD SN 750 500gb and 1TB no issues with any of the drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back