Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Rant.gif

As you can probably tell, this is a post regarding Mozilla Firefox. Having used this browser for years, and years I finally gave it the two fingers. For the last few months I have had nothing but issue after issue. Be it not starting up because another process is running or it slowing the shut down process (Windows 7). To taking an age to start-up, freezing and now flash seems to be incredibly buggy.

I was going to use Safari but Xmarks has no install option for Safari on Windows.

Have to say though, Chrome is good, and on a lot of levels. I dislike Google and their design and mental philosophy but it's good so far.

Rant.gif

FF alienated alot of users because of their "rapid release cycle." Plugins breaking, features disappearing or getting moved, lots of new features being added continuously at the expense of stability, always interrupting you wanting to upgrade, restart, etc etc...

I've ditched FF for Chrome a long time ago.

I'm pretty annoyed with Firefox myself at the moment. Mostly because if i open more than one flash session (for example one tab with a game and another with a youtube video) then it crashes, and i have to go into task manager and force close the plugin-container.exe file.

Though saying that there are so many good features in firefox that I would miss if i changed browser. I've tried in the past to change, but always came back.

Oh well i hope it all gets fixed soon :)

Subtle differences

Just discovered another worthy feature of Chrome. Usually, I have a tab open so I can watch BBC etc, online. Now the way I browse through tabs, with pace, I usually close, by accident, the ones I want to keep open; annoying, right? So now with Chrome I can 'pin tabs', which stops me from rushing through them and hitting that little X.
Small things please small minds I suppose but when developers include stuff like this you think 'they've spent time looking at this'.

Is adblock fully working in chrome?
In Safari i sometimes do get pop-ups and advertisements before videos although i have adblock installed and updated..
That's pretty much the only reason i sticked to FF til today. But, i too, wanna switch.

I to had the odd pop-up's from sites and advertisements in YouTube videos when using Safari. The adblock I use for Chrome is made by the same guy who made it for Safari. I haven't had any issues yet with it. No pop-ups or adverts before videos etc. It.s only been 4 days but OK so far.

Again, it's only been 4 days but I am more than happy with Chrome so far.

I used adblock in chrome, but it was terrible, only to realise the same one in Firefox is actually called adblock plus.

NoScript is what keeps me with Firefox. I haven't had any stability issues in seven years on Mac and Linux. Chrome is OK, but I don't like being locked to their search engine, or the search in address bar with everything being sent to their servers. I like to keep some modicum of privacy.

I used adblock in chrome, but it was terrible, only to realise the same one in Firefox is actually called adblock plus.

There is also Adblock Plus for Chrome.

Didn't apple drop Safari for windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back