CPU
i7 2600k
Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I hope i'm not stepping on anyones toes or breaking rules. I wanted to share I bought a bluetooth adapter on ebay and was completely stunned by the quality of this guys work. It's by planb-computer. I don't know him personally but anyone who isn't handy or doesn't want to mess with a good solution like old mac bluetooth dongles. Seems to be the way to go.

Apple-branded Bluetooth For Hackintosh Plugs in USB External 1ft cord | eBay

Bluetooth may work, but you can't wake from sleep. This is an apple dongle which wakes from sleep.

A lot of bluetooth cards will work, somewhat with mac, and sleep is spotty by OS X revision. This is where the Mac bluetooth board excels, as it is completely native.

EDIT: Note that notshy has an awesome guide to potentially patching for sleep/wake functionality with bluetooth. The guide describes it for broadcom based antennae, however it should work the same if performed on the kexts respective to your bluetooth antenna. To do this, you should check the extensions section of system information and see what bluetooth kext is listed.

tonymacx86 Forum • View topic - Not Shy's Guide - Potentially Fix Bluetooth Sleep/Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back