Contribute
Register

Gone in 60 seconds! (Clover/Sierra continuous reboot after serial no. change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68MA-DH2
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've got a curious rebooting issue that I need help with.

Just got back in to Hackintoshing after being quite happy with my trouble-free Lion/Chimera setup from 2012—If it ain't broke, don't fix it! But it's got to a point where too much software will no longer update (Dropbox etc.) so it was time to get back in.

And now I've had a Clover/Sierra installation that has been working just fine for a week, but without FaceTime and Messages so, being a perfectionist I decided to follow this guide:
https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh...ng_imessage_working_on_el_capitan_and_sierra/
to try to get them to work too.

Went through all the steps happily enough but now, after I've logged in and get to the desktop, the system resets after about 60 seconds. Everytime.

??

In Clover Configurator I changed/generated new:
• Serial number
• Board serial number (and added 5 hexadecimal digits and letters to the end )
• SmUUID (generated through Terminal using uuidgen)
(as per the above tutorial instructions)

I have just about enough time to look at a few things—System Profiler shows my NEW serial number but then *poof*... REBOOT

I've managed to use Clover to boot the backup config.plist which alleviates the reboot problem but looking in System Profiler, my Serial No. etc. has also reverted back and so naturally Messages/Facetime won't work again.

I left the system definition as iMac14,2.

Any help would be much appreciated since I can't seem to find anyone with a similar problem through extensive searches of this and other Hackintosh forums.

Bit of a dated system but it still ran Sierra quite happily before I messed about with the UUID/Serial no. etc.
Motherboard: GA-Z68MA-DH2-B3 (rev 1.3)
BIOS: Legacy
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
Graphics card: Geforce GTX 560 ti
macOS Sierra 10.12.5
Unibeast/Clover

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.