Contribute
Register

Going to start a long term build project G4 Cube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this came an hour later! i really hope it wil fit with the motherboad.
39512-2012-11-27t18-42-47-0.jpg

*More soon*

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay now i'am waiting for my motherboard and processor what I probably get for Christmas (Yeah!)

So i ordered the Sony slim drive and i painted the grill of the case black.
I want to make the apple logo black to but the sticker is a little hard to pull out.
40091-2012-12-04t15-18-49-0.jpg

i painted the grill of the case black. I want to make the apple logo black to but the sticker is a little hard to pull out.

Do tell us how you manage to pull that off. I was thinking of possibly painting the whole cube black (the currently silver part, not the clear part). I'm not completely sold on changing the look of the case though so I'd be happy to see how yours turns out. Also are you just using spray paint?

Do tell us how you manage to pull that off. I was thinking of possibly painting the whole cube black (the currently silver part, not the clear part). I'm not completely sold on changing the look of the case though so I'd be happy to see how yours turns out. Also are you just using spray paint?

Hi Joshfabean,

wel its very easy just screw out al the screws in the case so you can pull the metal cube out of the plastic cube and then the grill just pops out.
wel thats a cool idea! i think i'll let hem standard i only want the logo black i dont really like the color now but thats all, yes spay paint and just a basic black color.

Rick,

Here a little progress with the dvd drive.
As you can see i'll reuse the shell of the old drive, and with a little block it wil fit perfectly in it.
Now i'll only need to make a gap for the sata cable's.
41167-2012-12-15t16-35-04-0.jpg

Well first of all i want to wish the people on the forum a nice christmas and a happy new year full of modding and hacking!

for Christmas I received a Adata 60gb Ssd and a whole new dremel set and a iPhone docking station, so i'am very happy but that means i still need to wait for the mobo and cpu.
Here a small update.
41984-2012-12-24t22-27-01-0.jpg

41985-2012-12-24t22-27-01-1.jpg

Rick,

So how's the mod going?

So how's the mod going?

Very quiet at the moment because i spent my last money on a new graphics card and psu for my G5.

but right now i'm selling some old pc part so soon i shall have enough money for the board.

Rick,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back