Contribute
Register

Going from GM1 to release version

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we weren't supposed to talk about the developer previews of Mavericks, and I didn't (for the record, I have a legit developer account). But now that it's out I have a question that is related to the developer releases...

I initially installed Mavericks DP4 on my Hack (Z77x-UP5 TH), and then I updated up through GM1 via software update with only some minor audio problems (which I resolved). But now I seem to be stuck on GM1 because the final release isn't showing up in software update. I even downloaded the release and tried installing directly it just reboots and no installation happens. Are there any tutorials on how to update from pre-releases to the final release? Do I just do it as if I was going from 10.8 to 10.9 or are there extra/different steps. And please tell me I don't have to start from scratch, as that would be a huge pain.

I'm pretty sure the GM is exactly the same as the released version and that's why it won't let you update, because the GM is already the final version.

There was actually a GM1 and a GM2, I think GM2 was the released version. I was never able to update past GM1. I'm sure the differences are minor, I just don't like running the non-final release.

There was actually a GM1 and a GM2, I think GM2 was the released version. I was never able to update past GM1. I'm sure the differences are minor, I just don't like running the non-final release.

When I logged into App Store and 'Purchases' I saw a banner at the top with the download link for the final version.

Have you tried downloading it to your Applications folder as normal and running the installer ?

Yes I have, running that only seems to restart the computer without any installation happening.

If you run the normal installer, try then booting your UniBeast drive and see if the installation continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back