Contribute
Register

Going back to Mavericks GA-Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using PJALM's DSDT patch for GA-Z77X-UD5H?
You can apply it easily to your clean DSDT with MaciASL.

I'm using the following KEXTs for my UD3H:
- FakeSMC
- AtherosL1cEthernet (for LAN)
- AppleHDAIDT (for on the fly audio patch)

Because of the DSDT patch I don't need:
- NullCpuPowerManagement
- GenericUSBXHCI

I have disabled a lot of built-in Clover patches:
- I have none of the "Old way" DSDT patches selected
- Under "New way" I have: NewWay, FixRegions, FIX_RTC and DeleteUnused
- For boot options I use: darkwake=0 and kext-dev-mode=1

Everything is working, sleep works well too. Even iMessage :)

I've attached my config.plist (stripped the MB serial and ROM).

I've gone through most of what you suggested, even started out with a new DSDT and applied the patches you suggested and still no change. I'm going to go through my clover config, at the moment I have no sound using vanilla HDA...but usb is still funky with camera not waking up or anything...IMessage/Facetime still b0rked, but I should be clear I'm getting the customer code message...argh

It is working fine with my GA-Z77X-UD3H.
I use Clover and a patched DSDT.

Have you tried that?

ZYPHAX does your IM and usb camera working with clover ? I never used clover before I am reading about it right now and I want to learn it. I will have a few questions. DO you think you can help me out ?

It is working fine with my GA-Z77X-UD3H.
I use Clover and a patched DSDT.

Have you tried that?

ZYPHRAX! I have the same mobo and just went back 10.9.5 but after reading your message I want to give Yosemite another shot. Although I don't think I have the cajone's just yet.

ZYPHRAX! I have the same mobo and just went back 10.9.5 but after reading your message I want to give Yosemite another shot. Although I don't think I have the cajone's just yet.

I'm backing up and going to try a fresh install if that doesn't work..definitely going back to Mavericks.

Yosemite is not ready for prime time on my 2 year old rig, GA-Z77X-UD5H (v1.0), if you have this mobo I highly recommend staying with Mavericks until things are ironed out.

* Logitech Camera Stops working on sleep
* Sound stops working on sleep
* USB Rebooting when hot swapping on sleep
* no iMessage / FaceTime
I have a couple of comments on these things:
1. I'm having some serious issues with my Logitech C615 camera and Yosemite in regards to sleep. I can sleep with it plugged in, but I get a KP every time I wake. Without the camera connected, my KPs go away.
2. No issues with sound here after sleep...using DSDT to set the layout ID and Clover binary patch for audio. I'm using HDMI audio.
3. Need to test this more on my machine, but for me I think I'm only having issues with the USB camera.
4. iMessage / Facetime is completely unrelated to Yosemite. See this thread (it's a long, long read but if you follow it you can get it working again: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html)

The USB camera bug is really what is bothering me the most. It is very annoying to have to unplug it when I'm not using it and then plug it in when I want to.

I have a couple of comments on these things:
1. I'm having some serious issues with my Logitech C615 camera and Yosemite in regards to sleep. I can sleep with it plugged in, but I get a KP every time I wake. Without the camera connected, my KPs go away.
2. No issues with sound here after sleep...using DSDT to set the layout ID and Clover binary patch for audio. I'm using HDMI audio.
3. Need to test this more on my machine, but for me I think I'm only having issues with the USB camera.
4. iMessage / Facetime is completely unrelated to Yosemite. See this thread (it's a long, long read but if you follow it you can get it working again: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html)

The USB camera bug is really what is bothering me the most. It is very annoying to have to unplug it when I'm not using it and then plug it in when I want to.

Exact same web cam I have, and it's giving me the exact same problems...I'll try playing with it unplugged. Still going to do a fresh install, I'm using the regular old black jack on the back of the sound card not HDMI audio...I've literally try to patch, tried the multibeast etc...maybe I can post my clover config and you can tell me where I'm going wrong....

Guys this morning I've written a reply to your posts, but it is being held for moderation (grmbl). If it isn't available when I get up tomorrow I'll find some other way to post it.

Exact same web cam I have, and it's giving me the exact same problems...I'll try playing with it unplugged. Still going to do a fresh install, I'm using the regular old black jack on the back of the sound card not HDMI audio...I've literally try to patch, tried the multibeast etc...maybe I can post my clover config and you can tell me where I'm going wrong....
Yeah I wouldn't mind taking a look. I'm starting to wonder if the USB camera problem can be attributed to whether or not it is plugged in when you install OSX. Do you remember if you had it plugged in during install? I had unplugged everything except for my keyboard and mouse during install.

Guys this morning I've written a reply to your posts, but it is being held for moderation (grmbl). If it isn't available when I get up tomorrow I'll find some other way to post it.
Thanks for the heads up.

With regards to the cam / usb / sleep issues. Try disabling Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage in your Bios if it is still Enabled or set to Auto. You can find it under M.I.T.\Advanced Frequency Settings\Advanced CPU Core Features.

With regards to the cam / usb / sleep issues. Try disabling Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage in your Bios if it is still Enabled or set to Auto. You can find it under M.I.T.\Advanced Frequency Settings\Advanced CPU Core Features.

Interesting. I haven't heard that suggestion yet. I will try that tonight when I'm home.

For the record, I keep all overclocking features at stock (except my memory, which is run XMP Profile1 to achieve 1600MHz).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back