Contribute
Register

RIP Gobias’s Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-UD5H - i7-4770K - RX 580 - macOS Big Sur & Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have Yosemite running? And XMP Profile 1 enabled so your RAM runs at 1600mhz? As soon as i turn my RAM to 1600mhz a KP occurs..

Do you have Yosemite running? And XMP Profile 1 enabled so your RAM runs at 1600mhz? As soon as i turn my RAM to 1600mhz a KP occurs..

I haven't upgraded to Yosemite yet; I'm still on 10.9.4. I also didn't enable XMP Memory Profile 1 because the memory was already set to 1600mhz. Try disabling it. If that doesn't work, maybe Profile 2 will work.

UPDATE: Added Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler

51cFhrlMYGL.jpg

Initially, I just used the stock cooler that came with my CPU, and that was sufficient for a while. However, I have been trying to learn Adobe After Effects, but almost every time I tried to render a RAM preview in AE, my CPU temps would rocket up to around 80 degrees C. Eventually, I decided I needed a better CPU cooler.

I chose the highly recommended and very affordable Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Since it came without thermal compound pre-installed, I also got the Arctic Silver ArtiClean and Thermal Compound kit to clean the old thermal paste off my CPU and apply new paste. Installation was a breeze thanks to Define R4 case having an opening on the back of the motherboard plate to add a CPU cooler bracket.

After installation, my CPU temps now peak at around 55 degrees C. :thumbup:

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler
Amazon | Newegg

Arctic Silver ArtiClean and Thermal Compound Kit

Amazon

Last edited:
UPDATE: Yosemite 10.10.2 & Switch to Clover

Switching to Clover
I finally updated to Yosemite, but I had some trouble initially. I tried to follow the Guide for Updating Mavericks to Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast, but when I attempted to install the update, I got an error saying that my startup disk could not be verified or repaired. I then tried restarting, but every time I booted up using Unibeast, I got a Kernel Panic. I tried several fixes for the KP that I found in forums, but none of them worked. Then I read that using Clover fixed the KP for some people, so I tried making a clean install of Yosemite with Clover, and it worked.

Yosemite and Clover Installation

1. I followed the Clover Guide to install Yosemite and Clover.
  2. I used the standard config.plist attached to that guide and then followed lexone’s directions for editing config.pilst.
config.plist
Here are two versions of my edited config.plist. One includes edits to enable HDMI audio with SSDT (see section on “Enabling HDMI Audio” below), and the other doesn’t. Note that I've removed my SMBIOS info from both files, and you'll have to fill in your own using Clover Configurator and iMessage Debug (see step 2 above) if you want iMessage to work.

Post-Installation MultiBeast Settings
After installing Yosemite and Clover, I enabled audio and TRIM using these MultiBeast settings:

• Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC898
  • Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support
  • Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.x TRIM Patch
Multibeast Configuration File
Yosemite 10.10.2 - MultiBeast 7.2 - Clover: View attachment GA-Z87X-UD5H_10-10-2_Clover.mb

Enabling HDMI Audio
I followed toldeda’s OS X HDMI Audio with ssdt Guide (click ‘View Raw’ to download) to enable HDMI audio for my GTX 660.

Last edited:
to install Yosemite change any parameter in the Bios?

can you share the "config.plist" file please?

I have a computer similar to yours but even I can not make it work perfectly.
Thank you very much.

to install Yosemite change any parameter in the Bios?

can you share the "config.plist" file please?

I have a computer similar to yours but even I can not make it work perfectly.
Thank you very much.

I didn't make any changes to the BIOS. Everything the same as it was for my original Mavericks installation.

Here is my View attachment config.plist. Note that I've removed my SMBIOS info, and you'll have to fill in your own using Clover Configurator if you want iMessage to work. Also, the file includes lines to enable HDMI audio with SSDT. If you aren't using HDMI audio with SSDT, then you should probably delete lines 24 to 30.

UPDATE: Yosemite 10.10.3

I updated to Yosemite version 10.10.3.

Post-Installation MultiBeast Settings
After installing the update, I reinstalled the audio and TRIM drivers with MultiBeast 7.3:

• Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC898
  • Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support
  • Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.3 TRIM Patch
Multibeast Configuration File
Yosemite 10.10.3 - MultiBeast 7.3 - Clover: View attachment GA-Z87X-UD5H_10-10-3_Clover.mb

Last edited:
Hi Gobias,

Excellent build! Can you talk me through the steps that you took to create your logo......it's perfect!

Advice on both would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back