Contribute
Register

Gobias’s Comet Lake Build: Prime Z490-A - i7-10700K - RX 6600 - macOS Ventura & Windows 11 Pro

Excellent work Gobias, very detailed and up to date will trying out your revised config very shortly.

Your update 3 worked well to until my ageing 580 Pulse decided to pulse no more! New Pulse will be here on Monday next.
Thanks! I'm glad it helped you.

Sorry to hear about 580 Pulse dying. GPUs are so expensive right now.

Excellent work, @Gobias, very well explained.

Update 5: OpenCore 0.8.0

I followed the OpenCore Post-Install guide for Updating OpenCore to update OpenCore from 0.7.6 to 0.8.0.
  • I added new properties to and removed old properties from config.plist that were identified in OCConfigCompare.
  • I replaced these OpenCore files with the latest versions:
    • BOOT/BOOTx64.efi
    • OC/OpenCore.efi
    • OC/Drivers/OpenCanopy.efi
    • OC/Drivers/OpenRuntime.efi
I also updated AppleALC.kext from 1.7.0 to 1.7.1.

My latest EFI folder is attached.

Attachments

• Update 5 EFI.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Update 6: macOS Monterey

Preparation

In preparation for updating to macOS Monterey, I reviewed the OpenCore Guide's page about Monterey and make sure I was ready:
  • I changed SecureBootModel back to Default (see the correction under the Secure Boot section in Update #3).
  • I confirmed SIP was enabled.
  • (Optional) I updated to OpenCore 0.8.0 (see Update #5).

One thing I probably should have done before updating was changing the boot-arg for enabling the Intel I225-V ethernet controller, which is different since macOS Monterey 12.3. I wasn't sure whether I needed to change this before or after updating but decided to wait until afterward. Unfortunately, this caused kernel panics (see Post-Install Issues below), so I would recommend changing it right before updating.
  • In config.plist, under NVRAM -> Add -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82, in boot-args, change dk.e1000=0 to e1000=0.

Updating

I updated to macOS 12.3.1 Monterey using System Preferences without any issues.

Post-Install Issues

After the installation of the update was complete, I started getting kernel panics either while macOS was booting up or shortly after logging in. I figured the issue was caused by not changing the boot-arg for enabling the Intel I225-V ethernet controller from dk.e1000=0 to e1000=0 (see Preparation section above) because excluding the old boot-arg caused kernel panics after my original installation. Thankfully, I had made a dummy drive to test the OpenCore 0.8.0 update, so I changed the boot-arg in the dummy drive's config.plist and used the dummy drive to boot into macOS without a kernel panic. Then I was able to change boot-arg in the config.plist on my macOS drive so that I could boot without the dummy drive.

I've also experienced some issues with Bluetooth and sharing Focus across devices that seem to be affecting real Macs, not just Hackintoshes, running Monterey, so you may still want to wait to update. Otherwise, though, Monterey seems to be stable.

Screenshot of About This Mac showing that macOS has been updated to 12.3.1

Last edited:
Hi Gobias,
I would like to thank you for your detailed and comprehensive guide.
I configured a friend's pc, from scratch and directly with MacOs Monterey 12.3.1 with Asus Prime z490a-i9 10850K-Rx580 and, thanks to what you developed, everything went smoothly in the best way.

Hi Gobias,
I would like to thank you for your detailed and comprehensive guide.
I configured a friend's pc, from scratch and directly with MacOs Monterey 12.3.1 with Asus Prime z490a-i9 10850K-Rx580 and, thanks to what you developed, everything went smoothly in the best way.
That's awesome! I'm glad it helped.

Hi Gobias,
my friend, referred to in my message of last Monday, has in the meantime bought the Fenvi T919 card.
Since it is an OOB card I thought that it was enough just to mount it and instead I was not able in any way to activate the Bluetooth on Monterey.
I tried to install the various kext, to make changes but nothing.
On Monterey wifi works bluetooth, however, there is no way to activate it.
On Windows 11 everything works both BT and Wifi, I also updated the drivers from the Fenvi site.
As a test I also swapped the new Fenvi card with my old one, present on my Msi Z690 and fully functional, but nothing to do.
The connection to the MB on the z490 I did it to the pciex1_3 slot and inserted the connection to usb trying both on usb_e12 and usb_e34.
I have now noticed that the UART and not USB connection appears on the system / bluetooth report.
I ask you, and anyone on the forum, how I can solve.

Attachments

• Schermata 2022-05-14 alle 11.09.06.png
    Schermata 2022-05-14 alle 11.09.06.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Schermata 2022-05-14 alle 11.50.55.png
    Schermata 2022-05-14 alle 11.50.55.png
    619.4 KB · Views: 44
Hi Gobias,
my friend, referred to in my message of last Monday, has in the meantime bought the Fenvi T919 card.
Since it is an OOB card I thought that it was enough just to mount it and instead I was not able in any way to activate the Bluetooth on Monterey.
I tried to install the various kext, to make changes but nothing.
On Monterey wifi works bluetooth, however, there is no way to activate it.
On Windows 11 everything works both BT and Wifi, I also updated the drivers from the Fenvi site.
As a test I also swapped the new Fenvi card with my old one, present on my Msi Z690 and fully functional, but nothing to do.
The connection to the MB on the z490 I did it to the pciex1_3 slot and inserted the connection to usb trying both on usb_e12 and usb_e34.
I have now noticed that the UART and not USB connection appears on the system / bluetooth report.
I ask you, and anyone on the forum, how I can solve.
The first thing I would do is check to make sure the USB port for the Bluetooth adapter is configured correctly. Can you share your USBMap.kext?

I don't have personal experience with Fenvi T919 card, but I have seen posts in the forum about some OOB cards not working or having other issues in Monterey. I would check this page in the OC Guide about Bluetooth Monterey issues and also search this forum for other people who have Bluetooth issues in Monterey to see if they found solutions that might work for you.

The first thing I would do is check to make sure the USB port for the Bluetooth adapter is configured correctly. Can you share your USBMap.kext?

I don't have personal experience with Fenvi T919 card, but I have seen posts in the forum about some OOB cards not working or having other issues in Monterey. I would check this page in the OC Guide about Bluetooth Monterey issues and also search this forum for other people who have Bluetooth issues in Monterey to see if they found solutions that might work for you.
I am attaching usbport.kext; there is certainly something wrong but I don't know how to correct.
Hackintool / USB does not highlight the internal hub 255: how to do?
I followed the instructions of the link you indicated and I tried with the following kext and that is BrcmPatchram3-Bcrmfirmware-Bcrmbluetoothinjector and Bluetoofixup both with version 2.6.1 and version 2.6.2
With bluetoolfixup enabled the connection changes from uart to usb.

Attachments

• Schermata 2022-05-17 alle 11.41.38.png
    Schermata 2022-05-17 alle 11.41.38.png
    293.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Schermata 2022-05-17 alle 11.48.20.png
    Schermata 2022-05-17 alle 11.48.20.png
    239.3 KB · Views: 41
  • USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 36
I am attaching usbport.kext; there is certainly something wrong but I don't know how to correct.
Hackintool / USB does not highlight the internal hub 255: how to do?
I followed the instructions of the link you indicated and I tried with the following kext and that is BrcmPatchram3-Bcrmfirmware-Bcrmbluetoothinjector and Bluetoofixup both with version 2.6.1 and version 2.6.2
With bluetoolfixup enabled the connection changes from uart to usb.
not everything should be set to internal

only wifi should be

Back