- Jan 11, 2013
- Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3
- GTX 750
- Mobile Phone
Yes, I noticed that too.You have some sort of USB problem...
12-03-16 22:19:54,000 kernel: BrcmPatchRAM2: uploadFirmware could not open the device!
So we have these symptoms:
* when I boot with the GMYLE bluetooth in any USB2 port, my screen goes black. When I go blind, I can type my password, hit enter and it continues the boot. I press Command-Ctrl-EjectMedia and it closes the apps, logs off and restarts the computer - clearly it's not frozen.
* when I boot with the GMYLE in any USB3 port it boots and I have display. The PC can go to sleep and when it wakes bluetooth device is still found.
* when I boot without the GMYLE, I have display. When I insert the GMYLE in the USB2 port, it's not discovered/enabled in the menubar (I can open the system preferences but cannot switch it on), neither is it when I then insert it in a USB3 port. However, after a reboot and I insert it in the USB3 port first, then the GMYLE is discovered (but as soon as it's been in a USB2 port it's not working anymore).
The USB3 ports are provided by this board, Inatek with a FL1100 chipset. The USB2 ports are from the motherboard and are ICH10
I never experienced any problems with USB before this and haven't got a clue why it won't accept the GMYLE...
Anyway, I ran a complete set of scenarios --all possible combinations of on and off:
* repatched/recompiled/clover patched DSDT USBE -> EHC1, EUSB -> EHC2
* enabled/disabled FixUSB_1000 in clover
* with/without installed USBInjectAll.kext (either clover and /s/l/e)
* with/without handoff clover patch
* with/without BrcmPatchRAM2.kext (either clover and /s/l/e versions)
* with/without FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext
And Bluetooth handoff stays off, but my initial objective was to get the bluetooth device working in USB2 ports, and that gets the same result every time: whenever BrcmPatchRAM2 is used, inserting the GMYLE in a USB2 port at boot time give a black screen (but still the computer accepts keyboard input) and inserting the GMYLE in a USB2 port after booting results in a non-working bluetooth.
What am I not doing right?