Contribute
Register

Glitchy Display (OpenCore) (i7-4700MQ, HD4600)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Toshiba Satellite P75-A7200 - 0.5.8 - OpenCore UEFI.
CPU
i7-4700MQ
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
IMG_1335.jpgIMG_1336.jpg

I am trying to install macOS on my Toshiba Satellite P75-A7200 laptop. I managed to configure OpenCore as much as I knew, utilizing Linux to get DSDT and get ACPI configured.

I made the configuration using https://dortania.github.io/vanilla-laptop-guide/. I configured GPU using WhateverGreen's Framebuffer Patching Guide. I even tried the AzulPatcher4600_equivalent.plist. I always get into this glitchy screen. (OC.zip and config.plist)

See images to see what I am talking about. Help would be appreciated. (I attached the latest open core log)

I managed to get the screen less glitchy (but with weird colors and weird resolution) by taking an open core config.plist from a laptop with a similar configuration from GitHub (attached bellow as randomconfig.plist)

Attachments

• opencore-2020-05-24-231953.txt
    256 KB · Views: 289
  • OC.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 220
  • RandomConfig.plist
    25.5 KB · Views: 135
  • config.plist
    25.5 KB · Views: 166
View attachment 471363View attachment 471364

I am trying to install macOS on my Toshiba Satellite P75-A7200 laptop. I managed to configure OpenCore as much as I knew, utilizing Linux to get DSDT and get ACPI configured.

I made the configuration using https://dortania.github.io/vanilla-laptop-guide/. I configured GPU using WhateverGreen's Framebuffer Patching Guide. I even tried the AzulPatcher4600_equivalent.plist. I always get into this glitchy screen. (OC.zip and config.plist)

See images to see what I am talking about. Help would be appreciated. (I attached the latest open core log)

I managed to get the screen less glitchy (but with weird colors and weird resolution) by taking an open core config.plist from a laptop with a similar configuration from GitHub (attached bellow as randomconfig.plist)
try enabling csm in your bios

That did not work. After enabling csm in the bios, I couldn't boot.
I have exact same gpu, I also experienced this issue and csm fixed my issue @Feartech is right this is the solution.

Try press F11 in Clover and boot macOS.,
Edit:Sorry you're working on open core try to reset nvram maybe this will fix your issue.

I leave you my EFI OC you can get the video configuration from here

<key>DeviceProperties</key>
<dict>
<key>Add</key>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>BgAmCg==</data>
<key>AAPL00,override-no-edid</key>
<data>AP///////wAGrz0UAAAAAAAXAQSVHxF4Arv1lFVUkCcjUFQAAAABAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBsDaASnE4NEAwIDUANa0QAAAYAAAADwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgAAAA/gBBVU8KICAgICAgICAgAAAA/gBCMTQwSFROMDEuNCAKAOY=</data>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>EgQAAA==</data>
<key>device_type</key>
<string>VGA compatible controller</string>
<key>enable-hdmi20</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>framebuffer-con1-flags</key>
<data>BgAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-pipe</key>
<data>EgAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>
<data>AAgAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-cursormem</key>
<data>AACQAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>framebuffer-patch0-enable</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>framebuffer-patch0-find</key>
<data>AgQJAAAEAACHAAAA</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch0-replace</key>
<data>/wAJAAAEAACHAAAA</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch1-enable</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>framebuffer-patch1-find</key>
<data>AQAAAEAAAAAeAgAABQUJAQ==</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch1-replace</key>
<data>AQAAAEAAAAAfAgAABQUJAQ==</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch2-enable</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch2-find</key>
<data>AwAiDQADAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAAAAAAABgmRQ=</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch2-replace</key>
<data>AwAiDQADAwMAAAAIAAAAAgAAAAAAAACAmRQ=</data>
<key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
<data>AAAAgA==</data>
<key>model</key>
<string>Intel HD Graphics 4600</string>
</dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
<string>Internal@0,3,0</string>
<key>device_type</key>
<string>Audio device</string>
<key>hda-gfx</key>
<string>onboard-1</string>
<key>layout-id</key>
<integer>51</integer>
<key>model</key>
<string>Intel Haswell HD4600 HDMI</string>
<key>no-controller-patch</key>
<integer>1</integer>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>Delete</key>
<dict/>
</dict>

Attachments

• OC FINAL CATALINA.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 287
I leave you my EFI OC you can get the video configuration from here
Hi there,
i was having problems with the boot resolution being very low until logon and i couldnt find a way to fix that without having glitches when i was disabling the csm at the logon.
I saw your post and i have checked to see what was wrong on my system and i found out that disabling the csm and adding your AAPL00,override-no-edid fixed my problem but it seems that the colors are not so accurated.
I was wondering if you can help me getting my EDID or tell me how did you got yours, all the steps.

Thank you.

Hi there,
i was having problems with the boot resolution being very low until logon and i couldnt find a way to fix that without having glitches when i was disabling the csm at the logon.
I saw your post and i have checked to see what was wrong on my system and i found out that disabling the csm and adding your AAPL00,override-no-edid fixed my problem but it seems that the colors are not so accurated.
I was wondering if you can help me getting my EDID or tell me how did you got yours, all the steps.

Thank you.
I succeded to extract the EDID with Monitor Asset Manager for Windows, i copied the HEX on AAPL00,override-no-edid but i was still having the issue and i fixed everything by just replacing this HEX 80A07038 with yours 804A7138 assuming that is for refresh rate.

Hello again,

i just saw that for working is using a 55Hz refresh rate and i was wondering if you know how to change it to 59Hz or 59,99Hz to be more close to 60Hz.

Thanks.

Screen OK, but USB 3 not working

I have the same laptop -- Toshiba P75-A7200. I have Catalina 10.15.7 running with full acceleration etc. It also glitches for me as soon as I get to the log in screen. BUT, I close my lid/screen and wait for the screen to go blank, then when I open up the lid the screen wakes to the perfect state. So for me the glitch is temporary. I just do this 'close lid' trick for 30 secs every boot or so and get on with my stuff.

HOWEVER, I cannot get my external USB drive to show up. USB 3.0 does not work. Bluetooth and webcam work, USB 2.0 works. If anyone has a solution for USB , do let me know.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back