GeForce GT 520
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all,

I've got my system 90% there—audio and everything seems to be working perfectly. The only hang up I'm experiencing is for some of my favorite new features of Mountain Lion, and that is Notification Center and anything else that has a sort of "animation" to it. I've seen a few other posts about this, but seemingly no solution. It's not just choppy and quits, it stutters on too, until it goes away, meaning all of these features are essentially unusable. My graphics card is recognized in System Profiler (a NVIDA GT 520) thanks to urlord's post in this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...success-ivy-cpu-ga-z77-ds3h-2.html#post397478

And I have access to all the native resolutions of my monitors. It's just the screen glitchiness that's driving me nuts. The few other unanswered posts I've seen are regarding specs different than mine, so clearly this is a semi-universal problem. That is unless i haven't figured out the common denominator yet.

Has anyone discovered a solution to this? I would really like to start using my ML install full time but I don't want to leave my Lion install in the dust until everything's worked out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

-ronf89

I see a very similar problem since updating from Lion to ML 10.8.2 last night. My graphics card (5770) is recognized and works properly in Diablo 3. This sort of thing drives me nuts - Has anyone found any hints about the cause of this?

You're not the only one. I'm experiencing issues as well with my system since upgrading to 10.8.2. It's useable, but there's some lag. I have tried reinstalling a clean 10.8.2, installing nVidia drivers, and changing system definitions, but nothing works.

- Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
- EVGA GTX 650

ok, after scouring the internet, i found a weird solution:

1. repair disk permissions. I had some CoreImage things that were messed up.
2. restart. I don't know if this matters, but I did it (a few times)
3. run AutoCAD 2013. close AutoCAD 2013
4. fixed

you might be able to get this to work with a different application. Maybe try the AutoCAD free trial if nothing else works

4. fixed

you might be able to get this to work with a different application. Maybe try the AutoCAD free trial if nothing else works

You're a genius! I downloaded the trial of AutoCad 2013, followed your instructions, and it worked! I have absolutely no idea why, but it worked. Cinebench scores went from 18.9 fps to 41.7 fps.

Do you have any explanation for this?

Awesome! This worked for me too!

A few days back all the core animations, like the dock, dashboard, desktop-switching and so on, started to to appear laggy/stutter - my mouse worked fine thou.

I had no idea what was causing it, and apparently for no reason - I had made no changes to my system what-so-ever. I was almost considering doing a reinstall when I read this post.

I then remembered that I recently accidently launched AutoCAD 2013 (I have it installed but only use in occasionally) - since I didn't need it at the time I closed it immediatly after launch. Ever since then I had laggy/stuttering animations, so when I read this post I tried launching AutoCAD 2013 again - and voilá everything was back to normal!

Try it! - It might save you a reinstall!

This is truly unbelievable. You have no idea how much I was doubting this would work. I was totally fine with my glitchy animations but I thought, what the heck why not search around for a fix. Read this fix and almost fell out of my chair in laughter thinking it must have been a fluke.

I kid you not, I just downloaded the Autocad 2013 trial and installed, ran once, fooled around in the modeling space, closed auto cad, and all the mac animations are perfect. No choppy slow animations at all.

Best.

Diy.

Ever.

4. fixed

Thank You!! I wish I had found this sooner instead of pulling out my hair looking for the problem.

it work for me too , but still a little bit slow on Choppy screen Animations.

it was very slow before run AutoCAD2013 :shifty:

Hendrix et ALL

Please indicate the version of OSX Mountain Lion that you have installed and are running.

This is always helpful when you post information like this for the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back