Contribute
Register

glitches after short sleep on secondary VGA screen (Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
could you take a quick look?

Everything looks fine except SATA is coming under SAT0 not SATA. Are you using a DSDT or not? Also you're USB is messy. Need to customise a SSDT for USB unless you're using a DSDT.

Everything looks fine except SATA is coming under SAT0 not SATA. Are you using a DSDT or not? Also you're USB is messy. Need to customise a SSDT for USB unless you're using a DSDT.
I believe that I have never set up a DSDT. At the beginning of my hackintosh journey I was using the "no DSDT" section in multibeast, as far as I can remember. A few month ago (with the upgrade to El Capitan) I switched to clover. Can I check somewhere for a DSDT and would you recommend setting one up?

I believe that I have never set up a DSDT. At the beginning of my hackintosh journey I was using the "no DSDT" section in multibeast, as far as I can remember. A few month ago (with the upgrade to El Capitan) I switched to clover. Can I check somewhere for a DSDT and would you recommend setting one up?

Press F4 at Clover boot. Attach Clover folder remove themes ZIP attach.

Press F4 at Clover boot. Attach Clover folder remove themes ZIP attach.
I don't really know what you mean. I pressed F4 at the clover bootloader screen, nothing changed. Restarted the computer, this time holding down the key while it booted, still no obvious difference. What is supposed to happen?

Hello,

please take a look at this video:
. It shows the glitches I experience on my secondary monitor after I wake my computer from energy saving (starts after 30 minutes of doing nothing). My main HDMI screen is not affected by the glitches, however it seems to be dropping frames and is less responsive. I use the Nvidia Web Drivers and my secondary screen is connected via a DVI to VGA adapter. Maybe that has something to do with it, although it never occurred before on El Capitan.

Please help me if you can

I am having a similar issue, except for me it is my main display, connected via display port. I will follow with interest.

I was having freezing issue with the intel graphics enabled so I have disable that.

I am having a similar issue, except for me it is my main display, connected via display port. I will follow with interest.

I was having freezing issue with the intel graphics enabled so I have disable that.
Yeah, I had some freezes too and disabled the iGPU in the UEFI.

Do your glitches look the same and also appear after the screens turn black for power saving?

I don't really know what you mean. I pressed F4 at the clover bootloader screen, nothing changed. Restarted the computer, this time holding down the key while it booted, still no obvious difference. What is supposed to happen?

Press F4 at Clover then boot. to extract native files from ACPI. Files are extracted to EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.

Press F4 at Clover then boot. to extract native files from ACPI. Files are extracted to EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.

okay, which one do you want me to attach? Also: EFI Mounter does not always see my main SSD (disk0). Sometimes my Mac drive shows up as disk0, sometimes my windows drive shows up as disk0. Now it was disk1.

okay, which one do you want me to attach? Also: EFI Mounter does not always see my main SSD (disk0). Sometimes my Mac drive shows up as disk0, sometimes my windows drive shows up as disk0. Now it was disk1.

Attach Clover folder from EFI which is on the main boot drive. Remove themes ZIP attach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back