Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Oplitex 980
CPU
i7-870
Graphics
GT 630
Hi all,
I've install successfully macOS 10.12.6 on my Del Oplitex 980: Core i7-870, RAM 8G, GT630, using USB wifi. All work verry well.
I didn't use any web driver version for my hack, just inject Nvidia in my config file.

Now I'm trying install version 10.13.6 on this Computer as dual boot, too. It use the same EFI partition with only on config.plits file in clover folder, of course! I can boot into macOS HS but the graphics is glitch and I can not use anything! In additional, I can use only 2 of my 8 USB ports.
I have try many method in forum to fix but it doesn't run well! So would you guy mind to give me some helps?
P/S: Can I use the same config.plist file for both Sierra and High Seirra as dual boot?
I have attacthed my clover folder!

Attachments

• CLOVER-DELL OPLITEX 980- OS 10.12.6 - GT630- BEST.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 517
Are thera any help?

Hi all,

I've install successfully macOS 10.12.6 on my Del Oplitex 980: Core i7-870, RAM 8G, GT630, using USB wifi. All work very well.
I didn't use any web driver version for my hack, just inject Nvidia in my config file.

Now I'm trying install version 10.13.6 on this Computer as dual boot, too. It use the same EFI partition with only on config.plits file in clover folder, of course! I can boot into macOS HS but the graphics is glitch and I can not use anything! In additional, I can use only 2 of my 8 USB ports.

I have try many method in forum to fix but it doesn't run well! So would you guy mind to give me some helps?
P/S: Can I use the same config.plist file for both Sierra and High Seirra as dual boot?
I have attached my clover folder!

Your GT630 is probably based on the Fermi architecture, which lacks Metal support. That's probably why there are graphics problems in High Sierra 10.13.6. There are report that cards based on the Fermi architecture, such as GTS 550 Ti / GTX 560 / GTX 560 Ti are having graphics problems in High Sierra.

If you really want to run High Sierra, you may have to change a newer graphics card (but of course such a card will need to support Sierra since you want to run Sierra and High Sierra). I use a GTX 760 in my X99 build which works natively with both Sierra and High Sierra. It is an old card and so you have to find it second hand.

Your GT630 is probably based on the Fermi architecture, which lacks Metal support. That's probably why there are graphics problems in High Sierra 10.13.6. There are report that cards based on the Fermi architecture, such as GTS 550 Ti / GTX 560 / GTX 560 Ti are having graphics problems in High Sierra.

If you really want to run High Sierra, you may have to change a newer graphics card (but of course such a card will need to support Sierra since you want to run Sierra and High Sierra). I use a GTX 760 in my X99 build which works natively with both Sierra and High Sierra. It is an old card and so you have to find it second hand.
So there are no any solution for GT630 right? I should better stay in 10.12.6.
Thanks bro!

I use GT630 too and my Hackintosh works just fine with High Sierra. Also, GT630 is based on Kepler architecture so you don't need to inject anything related to GPU in config.plist.
Ekran Resmi 2018-09-22 10.41.57.png

I use GT630 too and my Hackintosh works just fine with High Sierra. Also, GT630 is based on Kepler architecture so you don't need to inject anything related to GPU in config.plist.
View attachment 352097
That’s sound awsome! I think it could be on HS too because it worked perfectly during my installation until boot to the system again for first setup progess.
So I let empty all item that related to graphics in config file, right?

Yes, you don't need to inject anything in Graphics. Here's a screenshot for my config:
Ekran Resmi 2018-09-22 14.01.53.png

Yes, you don't need to inject anything in Graphics. Here's a screenshot for my config:
View attachment 352113
Unfortunately, I have unchecked all inject item in Graphic tab but It doesn’t take effect.
I countinue to uncheck nvdidriv then It get into black-blank screen :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back