Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 UD AX
CPU
i5-12400F
Graphics
Readon RX 6600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After working flawlessly with Sierra for some time, today I decided to clean install High Sierra. So I used Unibeast 8.1 with nvidia web drivers true to make a bootable flash drive.

I formatted the installation drive with AFPS file system and installed high sierra. But I'm not able to boot for the first time yet. I'm getting gIOScreenLockState 3 error repeatedly.

And when I disable InjectIntel I get this but its respawning after 7-10 seconds.

My config is:

Mobo: GA-Z97X-UD3H
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690
Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC
RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB
Storage: Samsung 750 EVO 120GB SSD & Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA.

I should mention that I already installed UEFI Windows 10 on a part of SSD.

Now Things I have tried:

1. Disabling InjectIntel from colver options.
2. Mac defination 14,2 to 15,1
3. Replace nv_disable=1 with nvda_drv=1

But no luck so far.

What I have been missing? Thanks in advance.

Hey, I'm pretty sure I'm dealing with the same crap. Did you manage to find a solution?

Hey, I'm pretty sure I'm dealing with the same crap. Did you manage to find a solution?
Please create your own thread and post https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/high-sierra-desktop-support.190/create-thread after updating your Personal Details. Your MoBO is listed as GIGABYTE: in your Personal details. No relevant info about the MoBo can be inferred from the company name alone.
You may encounter the same boot error as the OP, but OP definitely has a different Graphics card and CPU and possibly different MoBo and needs different troubleshoot help. This is not a Successfully Completed thread to get any useful information;
you are trying to hijack OP's thread.

Please create your own thread and post https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/high-sierra-desktop-support.190/create-thread after updating your Personal Details. Your MoBO is listed as GIGABYTE: in your Personal details. No relevant info about the MoBo can be inferred from the company name alone.
You may encounter the same boot error as the OP, but OP definitely has a different Graphics card and CPU and possibly different MoBo and needs different troubleshoot help. This is not a Successfully Completed thread to get any useful information;
you are trying to hijack OP's thread.
Hey thanks for the heads up, I thought I had my profile setup correctly. I've already started a thread regarding this and was simply posting on here in case the OP didn't update with their solution. Hijacking??

After working flawlessly with Sierra for some time, today I decided to clean install High Sierra. So I used Unibeast 8.1 with nvidia web drivers true to make a bootable flash drive.

I formatted the installation drive with AFPS file system and installed high sierra. But I'm not able to boot for the first time yet. I'm getting gIOScreenLockState 3 error repeatedly.

And when I disable InjectIntel I get this but its respawning after 7-10 seconds.

My config is:

Mobo: GA-Z97X-UD3H
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690
Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC
RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB
Storage: Samsung 750 EVO 120GB SSD & Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA.

I should mention that I already installed UEFI Windows 10 on a part of SSD.

Now Things I have tried:

1. Disabling InjectIntel from colver options.
2. Mac defination 14,2 to 15,1
3. Replace nv_disable=1 with nvda_drv=1

But no luck so far.

What I have been missing? Thanks in advance.
  • Did you try to press F-12 during reboot >select your High Sierra USB installer disk and then enter Clover Boot Manager(CBM) screen before clicking the High Sierra SSD Partition on which you have installed macOS High Sierra?
  • That F12 >USB Installer >CBM routine should go after each reboot during installation.
  • There would be 3 reboots.
  • By the 3rd reboot CBM screen will have 3 icons: HighSierra Installer+ High Sierra SSD and High Sierra Recovery Disk in HFS+J formatting. [in APFS formatting a lot more icons will show up in CBM screen unless you hide them in Config.plist >Gui >Hide Volumes section + Preboot in the list of Hidden volumes.]
  • Using F-12 screen to select the Installer will ensure your booting will use the CLOVER and config.plist from your USB installer disk for the High Sierra SSD that has yet to complete its installation and get all the required kexts, Graphics configurations, System Definition etc from Multibest or individual manual installations and CLOVER and properly set config.plist.

Did you try to press F-12 during reboot >select your High Sierra USB installer disk and then enter Clover Boot Manager(CBM) screen before clicking the High Sierra SSD Partition on which you have installed macOS High Sierra?
Yes. I did.

That F12 >USB Installer >CBM routine should go after each reboot during installation.
Definitely. As I don't have CBM other than USB Installer's CBM. I had to follow.

There would be 3 reboots.
Yes. In my case, After formatting the installation disk -> first installation -> reboot -> second installation -> reboot -> final boot
And here I got stuck.

By the 3rd reboot CBM screen will have 3 icons: HighSierra Installer+ High Sierra SSD and High Sierra Recovery Disk in HFS+J formatting. [in APFS formatting a lot more icons will show up in CBM screen unless you hide them in Config.plist >Gui >Hide Volumes section + Preboot in the list of Hidden volumes.]

Yes. I have HighSierra USB Installer+ High Sierra SSD + High Sierra Recovery Disk and Preboot as I used APFS formatting.

Each time I selected CBM of USB but on final boot I can't past gIOScreenLockState 3 error :crazy:

• In that case , I think you should try reformatting that disk in HFS+J and then install on that filesystem.

• I have only 1 System I have tried and successfully install APFS .
Or wait for someone else who can find a better work around for you.

In that case , I think you should try reformatting that disk in HFS+J and then install on that filesystem.

But as far I know, gIOScreenLockState 3 error generally comes because of graphics driver. So will reformat work?

I have the same problem.. however, on my bios i only selected as iGPU as my primary graphics.. when i boot up High Sierra it uses my GTX660ti and HD4000 ( seeing it as 3 monitor setup).. it uses my GTX660ti as my Display Driver and HD4000 as console :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back