Contribute
Register

Gigabyte's Z77X-UP5 TH verified to work with Thunderbolt devices in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there,

I see you did some testing with thunderbolt devices in July... when the Ga-Z77x-UP5 TH board was being checked out for thunderbolt accessories.

I have a macbook pro and I'm trying to get to to communicate with my Gigabyte thunderbolt mobo when it is in target disk mode, but so far, no luck.

I have posted several times in a thread about the subject, and there is one other person than myself trying to do the same thing.

I have the time and opportunity to try out some beta kexts or methods you or anyone you know may suggest, because I have to separate drives with OSX loaded on to. One for use and one for testing only.

Let me know if there's anything you want me to check out or try on my end...

I'd like to get thunderbolt fully working on this board and being a part of the solution for everyone would be cool as well!

thanks

How the heck can I get this MB to work with my new iMac in target display mode? It works fine with my MBAir, but I can't get the up5th to send video to the imac, so it won't enter display mode.

Article: Gigabyte's Z77X-UP5 TH verified to work with Thunderbolt devices in OS X

I am using this board with a Thunderbolt display and Windows 8. Everything works great except the FaceTime HD camera stutters and completely degrades with Skype. The same display works perfectly with my MBA. I have the most recent bootcamp drivers but do not see a driver for the facetime camera. The driver for iSight does not work. any ideas?

Article: Gigabyte's Z77X-UP5 TH verified to work with Thunderbolt devices in OS X

OK, Here is more information. When using a FaceTime HD Camera in the Apple Thunderbolt Display the video quality stutters and is very poor quality on Windows 8 (Havnt tried win 7). Using the same camera inside the Camera app of Windows 8 or other programs the image quality is good. This happens when using a PC with Thunderbolt built in or when using Boot Camp on a Mac.

i tried using f11 bios with preboot Thunderbolt RAID(Areca's 8050E),then tune off wake on thunderblot,boot in 10.8.2 ,imac 12,2 profile,
the arrary wake with system.but not work or recongzied with it....please help

Hello there,

I see you did some testing with thunderbolt devices in July... when the Ga-Z77x-UP5 TH board was being checked out for thunderbolt accessories.

I have a macbook pro and I'm trying to get to to communicate with my Gigabyte thunderbolt mobo when it is in target disk mode, but so far, no luck.

I have posted several times in a thread about the subject, and there is one other person than myself trying to do the same thing.

I have the time and opportunity to try out some beta kexts or methods you or anyone you know may suggest, because I have to separate drives with OSX loaded on to. One for use and one for testing only.

Let me know if there's anything you want me to check out or try on my end...

I'd like to get thunderbolt fully working on this board and being a part of the solution for everyone would be cool as well!

thanks

I'm actually experiencing the same problem as you are. When trying to my macbook pro in target disk mode connected to the UP5-TH, I get absolutely NOTHING. It doesn't matter if I make the connections and power on the macbook first, followed by the hackintosh, the same thing happens. No mounted volumes, and nothing new appearing in system information under SATA.

The only thing I've noticed that is different in my situation than everyone elses is that I'm using a displayport based cinema display, which is occupying one of my thunderbolt ports. The other is connected to the macbook. Any thoughts?

*For those of you unsure about how to use target disk mode - power off both computers, make your connections, then turn on your real mac while holding the "t" key. Once you see a thunderbolt icon you are ready to turn on the other system.

Einsteiac Hello,
Can help me?

I have seen that you have had experience with the Apple Thunderbolt monitor 27 ".

You expose my problem:
My motherboard is the GA-Z77-UP5-TH
My one processor 3.40GHz i7 Sandy Bridge
the integrated video card Intel HD3000 should be a
the operating system OSX 10.9 Mavericks

I can not make it work, when part is not in full acceleration,
facetime hd and audio speakers do not work.

You succeeded? How did you do?
If you do not succeed even after your advice I'll sell it.

Thanks, sorry again.
I look forward to your new ones.

My solution was to return the Thunderbolt display and purchase a Cinema Display. Same display, speakers and camera but no thunderbolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back