Contribute
Register

Gigabyte's Z77X-UP5 TH verified to work with Thunderbolt devices in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I get that this is working with the apple display, but is that only when using on-board graphics or will it work with a discreet card like the 560TI?

Ok, so I get that this is working with the apple display, but is that only when using on-board graphics or will it work with a discreet card like the 560TI?

Only with on-board graphics. See today's article by thelostswede about how Intel is spiking hardware solutions that use discrete graphics cards. This Gigabyte board wouldn't have been able to take advantage of those approaches anyway.

Thanks for the info thelostswede.

My well loved Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R-2.0 has a dead audio channel. A USB Behringer device (plug in USB sound device) as well as the internal, is silent on one channel. Sooooo gonna give this to my wife (update her Win7 machine) and acquire the Gigabyte TH board. I'll report any insanity I deal with.

I noticed the wifi card is just a min pci-e to pci-e adapter, if I put in one that is supported by OS X then it should work, right? Anyone has a half-height mini pci-e wifi can give it a try? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back