Contribute
Register

Gigabyte's Z490 Motherboard Lineup Shows Up Early

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one, the ASUS Creator at $299 seems extremely tempting for a content creator or music studio build. I'd be especially curious what @CaseySJ thinks, owing to your amazing Designare Z390 Golden Build. From what this looks like to me, this ASUS Creator is pitched as a direct successor to the Designare.

This one, the ASUS Creator at $299 seems extremely tempting for a content creator or music studio build. I'd be especially curious what @CaseySJ thinks, owing to your amazing Designare Z390 Golden Build. From what this looks like to me, this ASUS Creator is pitched as a direct successor to the Designare.

Gigabyte Designare has the big limit of Intel Vi-Fi+BT CNVi module that cannot be removed or disabled in BIOS. I'm much more attracted by Asus Creator Z490 in the hope that the 10G ETH card will be an Aquantia 107G, which might be OOB.

With better VRM and 10GB LAN AIC. My only worry is the price inflation for the 10900k and or stock issue like the 10980xe.

wcctech.com had the following to say about the i9-10900K:
Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 7.32.22 AM.png

Source:https://wccftech.com/intel-core-i9-10900k-10-core-cpu-hot-power-hungry-at-stock-benchmarks-reveal/

It make sense since there has been no improvement in process node and they are tacking on more cores, it's only logical that temps and power consumption will increase.

Just preordered a 10900K and the Gigabyte Z490i.
Gonna try to update my hackintosh in my Ncase M1 with that combo.
I might need to undervolt it a bit hehe.

for instance, i am interesting by all temperature: Why? I found somes reports of CPU, that very high. So, set a very, very good cooling, and refresh. Because, it will be very hot....

Just saw those manufacturers officially released Z490 motherboards. What a pity for the good motherboards being designed for the embarrassing 10th-gen Core.

I agree. It's a waste since Intel haven't made serious headway with their processors. They basically just add more cache memory and cores. So, I'll wait for Ryzen.

I agree. It's a waste since Intel haven't made serious headway with their processors. They basically just add more cache memory and cores. So, I'll wait for Ryzen.
As some of the latest models of MacBook Air and Pro use the 10th Gen Intel Core series, I highly doubt Apple will really release a model with Ryzen this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back