Contribute
Register

Gigabyte's Z490 Motherboard Lineup Shows Up Early

Status
Not open for further replies.
My installation is working now... I did not make second Ethernet port work but everything else seems working fine. I have vision D motherboard and i-7-10700k CPU... Will do some more tests tonight.
Were you able to get the Thunderbolt working?

Were you able to get the Thunderbolt working?
I have it in the PCI tab, and it did recognized some USB-c devices... but it did not recognized my Belkin Thunderbolt 3 dock.

Attachments

• IMG_9BC264997409-1.jpeg
    IMG_9BC264997409-1.jpeg
    779.7 KB · Views: 79
I have it in the PCI tab. and it did recognized some USB-c devices... but it did not recognized my Belkin Thunderbolt 3 dock.
Well, that's really good news then. I'm hoping that this Z490 Vision D will be fully compatible like the Z390 Designare for music production build. Keep plowing the path.

@paulkol

To get the 225 working.

1. Find out what the correct path is, in this case under RP05.

B1.jpg

2. determine the address. Comes from the same picture. 1c,4 is the slot and 1c,4,0 the controller

3. because the 225 does not work, the device id is not correct. Therefore determine the Device Id. It's 15F3 - you see it on the right side, but the bytes are swapped.

4. the Device Id must be 15F2. Therefore in OC DeviceProperties, enter the new Device Id for the card. Note that the address has an additional 0.

B2.jpg

5. create fake PCI Id file.

B3.jpg

@S1lla Would you happen to know how to make TB3 work?
When I connect USB-C device it is working, but if I connect thunderbolt 3 device it does not work.
I can see the Thunderbolt device under PCI devices in system information, but it won't connect to my Thunderbolt 3 docking station.

Last edited:
@paulkol

To get the 225 working.

1. Find out what the correct path is, in this case under RP05.

2. determine the address. Comes from the same picture. 1c,4 is the slot and 1c,4,0 the controller

3. because the 225 does not work, the device id is not correct. Therefore determine the Device Id. It's 15F3 - you see it on the right side, but the bytes are swapped.

4. the Device Id must be 15F2. Therefore in OC DeviceProperties, enter the new Device Id for the card. Note that the address has an additional 0.

5. create fake PCI Id file.

Nice! Ethernet was one of the last lingering things, I can finally get off the Wi-Fi. ( Intel® I225-V 2.5Gb Ethernet)

1590552528812.png

Does TB3 work for you?

I don't believe I have a TB3 port, I have the Asus Strix Z490-E.

I don't believe I have a TB3 port, I have the Asus Strix Z490-E.
I see... I have Z490 Vision D from Gigabyte. There is Thunderbolt 3. I can see that port in system information, but it does not really recognize my external TB3 dock. So for me this is last thing to make work now (very important).

Did you look here? He claims to have TB3 working:
I did, I can see the TB port there but it does not work. He claims it works hot plug too, but it does not for me (even though I have same motherboard and used same EFI)
Weird... Hopefully someone will try same mobo soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back