Contribute
Register

Gigabyte's Thunderbolt Motherboards Live - Available Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UP5 is up on new egg for $250 and the UP4 is up for $185 =]

thelostswede said:
The power regulation on the new boards is actually a pretty big deal, as it runs about 40 degrees cooler, so it's perfect for people that are using watercooling for example, as it extends the life time of the other components around the CPU area, since they won't be running as hot. It's an entirely new way of doing it and it's vastly much better than anything to date. How much that matters to you, is an entirely different matter though.
OMG this its very important for me cuz its mean will be my Silent Build
thanks for this important info ;) u r my hero , now definitely i will get UP5 TH as soon as it is available .

GA-Z77X-UP4 TH No problem with Mac OS X and Realtek network ?

The problem with the UP4 is the VIA USB 3.0 controller which we've already discussed in this thread, so please check a couple of pages or so back, as I'm not going to explain it all again.

I was on the new egg app and on my phone. I've also been up for 24 hours lol I can't wait to see how builds work out. I hope Thunderbolt works on ML.

thelostswede said:
The problem with the UP4 is the VIA USB 3.0 controller which we've already discussed in this thread, so please check a couple of pages or so back, as I'm not going to explain it all again.

Yes i read ;) but the problem for VIA 810 HUB USB 3.0 is for UP4, UP5 and UD5H, only network controller change for this model.

I read another problem with firewire VIA VT6308 chip on UP5.

Thanks for your answer thelostswede :D

Clearly you DIDN'T read...
The UP has the VL800 USB 3.0 controller, the UP5 and UD5 uses the VL810 hubs, not the same thing. The hubs work fine, the controller no so much.

As for the VIA FW chip, it's hit and miss, I don't use it, so I don't really care...

wow $250! cheaper than I expected... I might just have to buy this board and get an external esata/usb3 raid

Ordered the GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH with 2 day shipping :D

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back